Rain in Subic Bay Philippines!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Does anyone know when the dry season typically ends? I can't seem to remember. I so miss the rainy season, even with it's unpredictable weather at times..

I think June...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Its been raining for the past 2 hours in Iloilo now. Not really a hard rain, but best we have had in months. Im just sitting outside enjoying some San Migs, while doing the rain dance to keep it raining. Hopefully it will keep going for few days non stop to fill up the dry wells - probably not. We had 2 showers in the last 40 days.. Both few minutes long. Fingers crossed!!

Our electric pump has not worked for over a month now and for the last two weeks neither has the manual pump.. We have a pushbike trike guy to get us water with buckets everyday from aunts house one kilometer awey...

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We got about an hour of medium to hard rain here in Subic this morning.  The most so far this year, I think.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

The rain stopped as soon as i posted... Im still here drinking San Mig Pilsens and doing the rain dance. Got 3 more just before the Sari Sari closed. Ill be sleeping soon and doing the rain dance in my sleep :D.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 18/04/2016 at 8:32 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Whats her last name? :hystery:

Whiskey-Galore........(1950's film?) Sorry 1949

Google Image Result for http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/41784/p41784_p_v8_aa.jpg

Edited by Kuya John

• 2 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Be careful what you wish for.  Here in Subic it has been raining for 8-9 days straight now.  Almost solid and we haven't see the sun.  Glad we have a dryer.  It keeps the temps down though.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Be careful what you wish for.  Here in Subic it has been raining for 8-9 days straight now.  Almost solid and we haven't see the sun.  Glad we have a dryer.  It keeps the temps down though.

You are so correct.  Same here in Laguna.  As much as I would like to see some sunshine also, I suppose I can wait.  Like you said, I am afraid what might happen if I wish for it.:shades:

chris49
Posted
Posted

Northern Luzon, western side, from Pangasinan and going north. There is protection from typhoons crossing land, because the Codilleras Mountains tend to break the strong winds. Subic is in Zambales which doesn't get the same protection, as the mountains veer off to the east and are generally lower.

We have heavy rain late afternoon and a good part of the night. We have only intermittent rain daytime, with some sunshine most days.

Having said all that, we are due for a major storm, but it hasn't come yet.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We went out this afternoon and it had calmed down to mild showers, but now it is really a downpour again.  They closed the schools for tomorrow.  I saw some pictures of Pampanga and they have quite a bit of flooding.

chris49
Posted
Posted

There was no Day Care last week including Friday, no rain, but another Filipino thingy. If no school Mon-Thurs, no school on Friday. Although the elementary school did hold classes, one day closure only.

Late evening steady rain, moderate to heavy, not a total deluge, but continuous. Another Filipino thingy.."teacher said if it's raining, no school"......so that's 6 days in a row.

We got out for a few hours yesterday to Pure Gold. Another Filipino thingy. If Gina wants to go somewhere, she goes. If she doesn't want to go, blame the weather again.