Too hot ,too cold

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I am hearing its mighty hot over there in the Philippines , the family is complaining its so hot they cannot do anything,

I hope its not to hot where you are too, so i thought i would help many British expats and other expats too,

Here was the weather this morning over in Derbyshire, COOL DSC_8305.JPGDSC_8306.JPGDSC_8304.JPG

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, stevewool said:

the family is complaining its so hot they cannot do anything,

It seems they are not interested in watching scantily clad females avoiding the heat?

As far as not being able to 'do anything', that is often a euphemism for "I'm too friggin lazy to work in this heat".  Its common here.  The ambitious workers will be up at 4 am and getting stuff done while it is still cool.  Others will wait until twilight to get things done.

Where there is a will there is a (filipina trying to get in it) way

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Cool is nice... Seems that even evenings get hot too here in Cebu lately, so early morning is the only time to get much done. For the average Filipino here in the province though, it's business as usual, but at a much slower pace. Thank God for fans and aircon:)

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

My sympathy to the many people in the Manila area that are trying to cope with the extreme heat and power deficiencies. Also all the people in Mindanao dealing with the heat and many rolling brownouts there. No real solutions in sight for the near future..

Many farmers in Cebu are dealing with crop failure due to drought.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

What a great sunny day here in Derbyshire, blue skies from 6.30am till now which is 8.30pm and a crazy barmy 16 degrees at lunch time  , i was even sitting outside with just a tee shirt and my jeans rolled up , bring it on  

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Hot and dry here in southern California. Working on my tan which has faded while in the Philippines. No humidity here at all.

Perfect beach weather. 

• Like 1