The risks of being a public foreigner

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Was reading the BI Facebook page and found a complaint about Travis Kraft who is known in the youtube world. I have watched quite a few of his Philippines videos and although he is not my favorite vlog person I find this complaint unwarranted and possible just a hate, get one in trouble type of thing but it shows that being a foreigner has its drawbacks when stating an opinion. 

Jason Juan .Hon. Geron. Can you please check on this Travis Kraft. He is very active in youtube and social media and has made an enormous amount of videos that not only trashes the country, it's people and culture but has made so many derogatory statements about our country. He is a "persona non grata" if he is on a tourist visa/alien resident status. We have freedom of speech in our country but his statements are a violation of the conditions of his stay in the country as a tourist. Do that in the US and you will be kicked out. He is so ungrateful of the generosity and hospitality the country and it's people have accorded him. Check his youtube account. Salamat po. https://www.youtube.com/user/poolboyinla

Travis Kraft
Many people think this channel is about the Philippines but it is actually about helping people psychologically…
YOUTUBE.COM
Like · Reply · April 11 at 5:03am · Edited
Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines
Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines Thank you Mr. Jason. We will check the link you have provided.
Like · Reply · April 11 at 7:24pm

Travis Kraft.jpg

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Its just the "Filipino pride". Most people really agree about most the bad things said about Phillipines if a Filipino says it, foregners on the other hand aren't allowed to say anything negative.

Have not watched he's videos, unless he's racist, then thats just he's personal opinion. People have to deal on the fact that everybody has opinions .

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Another type of public foreigner:

https://joeam.com/

We know that President Aquino reads this, because he mentioned it in his State of the Nation Address.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

Most people really agree about most the bad things said about Phillipines if a Filipino says it

Spot on Sander, have you noticed if you talking to a Filipino and they bitch about something (trash in the street lets say) and you think you in a conversation and you do the "how about................." The look in their eyes changes, like "who are you to criticize?"

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, scott h said:

Spot on Sander, have you noticed if you talking to a Filipino and they bitch about something (trash in the street lets say) and you think you in a conversation and you do the "how about................." The look in their eyes changes, like "who are you to criticize?"

Yes. Even with family members you get that look. Everybody expects you to praise everything here. If you say something even slightly bad then you are considered a public enemy haha.

Thats why i try to do my bitching in this forum with you guys :D.

I think its because of the "save face" culture. Smile in your face and then backstab once your gone. I'm a person that says what i feel even if its negative. Its not allways the right thing, but that's who i am. My SO keeps telling me not to say anything if i dont have anything nice to say. Im sorry, but this is not how this mind works. I dont keep my feelings boiling inside (even tho sometimes i should). Lost quite alot of "friends" because of that, but its their loss if they cant respect the fact that i have my own personal views and im not afraid to share them.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 3

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Are any of you guys following a Canadian Kyle "Kulas" Jennerman (Becoming a Filipino) on FB. I have never ever seen him say anything even slightly negative about Filipinos or Phillipines. Locals seem to adore him.

Either he really knows how to keep he's mouth shut about what annoys him or he smokes some hard stuff not to notice all the crap :D.

Edited by Sander Martin

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

you guys :D.

Got to ask, why you use :D instead of emoticons :biggrin:

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Got to ask, why you use :D instead of emoticons :biggrin:

Sorry, im just used to typing :D instead of picking emotions from the menu ?. In alot of places if you type :D it turns into ? automatically.

Edited by Sander Martin

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I love the statement he made about if a Filipino made a statement like that in the US they would throw him out of the country ..... guess he doesn't know anything about the US and apparently has never been there ... guess he missed all the Filipinos marching in Calif. protesting for the wage increase and numerous other times .... just try and do that here .... you'll be in the BI detention before the rally gets started good .... definitely a double standard ..... but then we know that so we (normal people) keep our moth shut and just grin and bare it .... :cornflakes:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sander Martin said:

Have not watched he's videos, unless he's racist, then thats just he's personal opinion. People have to deal on the fact that everybody has opinions .

Edited by Sander Martin

He actually appeared as superman in the Philippines and the streets were crowded to see him.