The risks of being a public foreigner

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 4/19/2016 at 5:58 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Jason Juan .Hon. Geron. Can you please check on this Travis Kraft. He is very active in youtube and social media and has made an enormous amount of videos that not only trashes the country, it's people and culture but has made so many derogatory statements about our country. He is a "persona non grata" if he is on a tourist visa/alien resident status. We have freedom of speech in our country but his statements are a violation of the conditions of his stay in the country as a tourist. Do that in the US and you will be kicked out. He is so ungrateful of the generosity and hospitality the country and it's people have accorded him. Check his youtube account. Salamat po.

https://www.youtube.com/user/poolboyinla

Well if the person who complained about Travis was upset with him, then he (or she) better not visit the "Philippines Fail Blog" (written by a Fil-Am)! 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Gator said:

Well if the person who complained about Travis was upset with him, then he (or she) better not visit the "Philippines Fail Blog" (written by a Fil-Am)! 

Please read the rules about such links. From my understanding that disgrace is actually owned by an Australia and it's not me.  Link removed.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well he is an actor, and is married to an upper crust Filipina. She was an established TV producer before they got together.  He seems pretty popular here...but I guess someone doesn't like him.... 

Rumor on the internet is that he is half Filipino, he is even listed on some websites in a group of mixed race stars... but I looked it up last year and he has pics of a white mom & dad, so maybe not all internet rumors are true.  I read an interview a while back and he spoke of his adoptive mother country - and I think a misunderstanding of that is where the half Filipino came from.  He seemed to mean adoptive 'mother-country'...and some people read 'adoptive-mother' country... He comes up or discussion in some YouTube groups, so I looked him up last year.  I am not a stalker ha ha

Personally I don't like his videos - he just comes across as plastic, and a bit pompous... but that may just be me. :tiphat:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Personally I don't like his videos - he just comes across as plastic, and a bit pompous... but that may just be me. :tiphat:

Tim, I don't think you are plastic or pompous. :tongue:

• Like 3

chico2663
Posted
Posted (edited)

i had more than a few chats on line with peter. he was born supposedly at clark. he would like to leave but is fighting the philippines about taxes. Also his family owns a couple properties with one being in makati.(dad was an officer) Not sure how they own property if he isn't a citizen. also a high ranked official tried to get him deported for his abuse about philippines but they said he had a right under the phil. constitution to gripe.

Edited by chico2663
  • Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, chico2663 said:

i had more than a few chats on line with peter. he was born supposedly at clark. he would like to leave but is fighting the philippines about taxes. Also his family owns a couple properties with one being in makati.(dad was an officer) Not sure how they own property if he isn't a citizen. also a high ranked official tried to get him deported for his abuse about philippines but they said he had a right under the phil. constitution to gripe.

Do you suppose he is a Philippine "anchor baby"? Maybe they can't PNG him because he was born there.

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
On 19 April 2016 at 6:17 PM, scott h said:

Spot on Sander, have you noticed if you talking to a Filipino and they bitch about something (trash in the street lets say) and you think you in a conversation and you do the "how about................." The look in their eyes changes, like "who are you to criticize?"

It may be more pronounced but I don't think this is a purely Filipino  reaction. I think it is a worldwide trait to grumble about your own country but to resent comment by people from other nations. JMHO 

• Like 4

usa32
Posted
Posted

I've seen Travis's videos, while he is realistic on certain thing. Almost all videos he posts about the Philippines is positive and that he loves the people and culture and it's favorite country he has been too. So that comment seems really unwarranted. He is probably the best ambassador for the Philippines on youtube.

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

If someone is complaining about Travis trashing their country, why stop there-maybe go after Kyle Jennerman next (I can't figure out some folks sometimes, USA)

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

On the subject of "risks of being a foreigner", I just read that a Canadian hostage was beheaded in the Philippines.  

Let this be a warning about traveling to the southern part of the Philippines, like Mindanao and any resorts there where tourists might go.