Monterey meat shop.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The only Robinson's I buy meat at is in Molo. Our Gaisano (Oton) is horrid, almost all their freezer cases are barely refrigerated, and the refrigerated cases... are not.   I tried wet market meat (Oton) but the butchering was sub-par, even for Filipino butchering (ended up giving away a kilo of pork).

...but I eat street corner BBQ ha ha... who knows where that meat comes from... or what animal...  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

The only Robinson's I buy meat at is in Molo. Our Gaisano (Oton) is horrid, almost all their freezer cases are barely refrigerated, and the refrigerated cases... are not.   I tried wet market meat (Oton) but the butchering was sub-par, even for Filipino butchering (ended up giving away a kilo of pork).

...but I eat street corner BBQ ha ha... who knows where that meat comes from... or what animal...  :tiphat:

We get out meat and veggies from Iloilo Central market on saturday if possible. Its a long way (usually we can jump into Fiances aunts car and get a ride). But the prices are awesome and everything is fresh (you can find things like Fresh beetroot, that are hard to find anywhere else). They have told me that all of the local markets buy from the central market aswell (atleast veggies) and if you buy enought to feed a few people+ a week the money that you save vs supermarket or local market is more than enought for jeepny+a few SML and some extra. For example iv seen potstoes for 40-50pesos per kg usually, when supermarkets charge you almost double at the same day. Same for other veggies and fruits. Been paying 15pesos per watermelon kg for months now when supermarket charges you 25pesos+ per kg. And its an experience everytime :D.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2016 at 5:06 AM, Sander Martin said:

We get out meat and veggies from Iloilo Central market on saturday if possible. Its a long way (usually we can jump into Fiances aunts car and get a ride). But the prices are awesome and everything is fresh (you can find things like Fresh beetroot, that are hard to find anywhere else). They have told me that all of the local markets buy from the central market aswell (atleast veggies) and if you buy enought to feed a few people+ a week the money that you save vs supermarket or local market is more than enought for jeepny+a few SML and some extra. For example iv seen potstoes for 40-50pesos per kg usually, when supermarkets charge you almost double at the same day. Same for other veggies and fruits. Been paying 15pesos per watermelon kg for months now when supermarket charges you 25pesos+ per kg. And its an experience everytime :D.

I concur. The vegetables are much better at the wet market than the supermarket. We typically would get our fruits and veggies at the wet market.