Desk top Computer

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I have two nieces here, both 15, they are both very hardworking and conscientious in school. For their birthdays, one last year, one this year, I bought them a cherry mobile tablet each for the small cost of P3000, these are also a phone. They can do all their research for homework then just take to Internet cafe to print off anything they need to. Of course they have fb and games on there but only use those when their schoolwork is complete, I know this because their parents are strict regarding this. So much cheaper than a home or laptop, which they can also take to school.

I also became most favoured Tito :thumbsup:

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
allancomeau
Posted
Posted

Interesting. I will lean towards a second-hand desktop (though with a new PSU) because

1) less likely to be dropped, broken or stricken by heat

2) cheaper to repair

3) can be upgraded more easily; another option rather than later buying a better laptop

• Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I bought a refurbished 6th gen HP desktop just before heading to the Philippines. Looking at Lazada prices for desktops I'm glad I did since their prices are crazy high. 

bows00
Posted
Posted

I also use a desktop for games at home.  Another advantage desktops have is the ability to attach a second monitor, this is the setup I use at work and I can't live without it now.  Desktops and monitors are so cheap now.  But I do agree with most of the previous comments.  If she is going off to school, a laptop would be a better option.

Thumb rule is computer speed doubles and prices are cut in half every 5 years.    

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I don't really do desktops any more. I prefer a laptop, that way I can take my work with me easily when I travel. Anyway, a good gaming laptop can play most games and run multiple monitors. I run 3 at home, and 2 on the road. One uses the HDMI port, and the other is a portable monitor that works through USB. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-gs-series-stealth-pro-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hdd-256gb-ssd-aluminum-black/5712735.p?skuId=5712735 

• Like 2

allancomeau
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bows00 said:

If she is going off to school, a laptop would be a better option

I would urge her not to take the laptop to school as it is too easily dropped, stolen, or borrowed by friends (who would more than likley break it and just shrug it off)

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/14/2017 at 12:49 AM, Reboot said:

I run 3 at home, and 2 on the road.

How often are the two on the road run over by a speeding jeepney ? :whistling:

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How often are the two on the road run over by a speeding jeepney ? :whistling:

Haha! Well they've survived two trips to that part of the world! (I avoid the jeepneys)

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
Capa
Posted
Posted
On 12/21/2017 at 4:02 PM, Reboot said:

Haha! Well they've survived two trips to that part of the world! (I avoid the jeepneys)

Good policy! Avoid jeepneys at all costs!

• Like 1