How long to forward 1st class mail from US?

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

I'm using Traveling Mailbox and had them forward my FBI criminal background and a Visa card from my bank.  It's been a month since I had my mail from FBI forwarded to my address here in Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija and still no joy.

How long does it typically take for mail (1st class US) to be delivered here?

Thanks!

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just my $.02 worth .... never send anything important like CC's and such through the postal service here in the Phils ..... I have a mail service also but they send everything through DHL even one letter but usually I have them send up to one pound .... they just save it for a month or two until I tell them to send it as it costs me about $20+ to have one letter to 1 pound of mail sent .... 

I hope you get it .... just my experience ....

• Like 2

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

I hope you get it. A quick note, though. Once, I received a newsletter 6 and a half years after it was mailed from the U.S. Such efficient service here. No Joke. Really Happened!

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I use Traveling Mailbox too.  Generally it takes 6-8 weeks for delivery.  I am not in Manila... so probably add some time for that.  I have had them forward 2 driver's licenses, an ATM card, and a few credit cards. Nothing lost or stolen yet.

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

I sent a registered letter (brown jiffy bag type) from London to Cebu, posted on the 19th November from London, UK and tracked it, it arrived in Manila 3 days later on the 22nd Nov....... finally arrived to my girlfriend on the 28th March, so took about 120 days to get from one island to another, Wow.

Lesson learned, next time it will be couriered by DHL. Funny thing is I arrived in the Phils for a 6 week vacation on the 28th January, should have just brought it with me!!!!!

:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I also used Traveling Mailbox and had them forward a bundle of mail using a courier service. I would never trust philippine post, even if I did trust them the delay is way too long.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The few things sent to us arrive in 4 - 8 weeks.  We live in Moalboal, 90 km south of Cebu City.  If you plan on staying here in the Philippines,  you may want to consider changing your mailing address for the credit cards.  That is what I have done and they do not mail the cards, they are sent via courier service direct to your door and you have sign for them.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

120 days to get from one island to another, Wow.

I live in Metro Manila, you would think it would be faster here?! NOT. Thirty days is the fastest anything has ever been delivered. Like has been mentioned has taken up to 3 months.

Concur with the others, if I have anything of importance I pay for the courier.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

1st class USPS to Japan 2-3 days Hong Kong 1-3 days. Philippines 30 days to 3 months! OUCH! The last time I mailed anything to Cebu it was stolen in Manila that was in 1998. We only use UPS or FedEx.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

From most of the World, with a decent Postal Services, Getting to Manila is usually about 4/5 days it is what happens after that is the problem.

Jack:shades:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 3