How long to forward 1st class mail from US?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, ITGeek said:

FBI criminal background

Not sure why you want it but if applying for a 13a and lived in the Phils more than 6 months it is not required. But maybe that's not why you want it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure why you want it but if applying for a 13a and lived in the Phils more than 6 months it is not required. But maybe that's not why you want it. :thumbsup:

I originally ordered it back in Nov '15 to apply for 13A while in states, until someone told me all I needed was local police background check.  As with most plans, not all go accordingly.  I was able to come over 2nd week of March to spend more time with my asawa before our baby is born in June.  I'll have to travel back to states in August for about month, then be back for good.  Until then, I'm getting 6 mo visa extension and then will apply for 13a after I get back here in September. 

Reading most of the replies here, best strategy I'll use next time is to bundle important stuff together and pay the $70 fee to have it sent via courier.

Edited by ITGeek

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Updated with good news!  The provincial post office (Nueva Ecija) not only had my 1st class mail with the FBI background check, but also my medicines that I had sent over!  So happy now.  Paid customs fee of 220p and will let the security guard at my compound know who i am and where i am so they can deliver mail to my bahay now :)

• Like 2