Jump to content

Finally got our new car !


expatuk2014

Recommended Posts

Well we have finally got our new car ! A white Suzuki Ertiga .

bit of a fiasco getting it we went to the Lipa Suzuki to look at an  APV but none in stock ! well any other colour but white !

they had a grey Ertiga in the showroom which we liked but the wife wanted white ! 

the salesgirl made a phone call and told us there was a white one avail in Manila  ( No there was not !! ) we paid 5000 php deposit  !

we got a phone call the next day telling us there were no white Ertigas avail until May 12th when the new 2016 models are released !

brother in law goes shopping in SM Calamba and on Sunday there is a Suzuki display and he is told they can get us a white Suzuki by the end of the week !!

so off we goes to Suzuki Calamba and orders a new 2016 White  Ertiga which was in the " Factory " in Calamba  after a week we get a phone call saying

 we can pick up the car ! The sister signed all the paperwork as did me and the wife , and after 2 cups of coffee and waiting for the guy to tint the windows

we had our new car !!

we are still waiting for seat covers !

And the GPS SD card ! which is meant to be an optional extra ! and at a cost of 8200 php !

but after I sent an email to Suzuki head office the SD card is now free ! just waiting for a phone call now to pick them up !

in the meantime we bought new made to measure seat covers from RL designs in Ace Hardware !

mind you its a lovely car !

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they deliver the car at 2am in the morning, you very well deserve that map for free :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just be careful when driving.

In the PI,  they don't drive on the same side of the street as they do in UK.  ( smile )

Make sure you have a loud horn and good brakes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup we love ours .... had it for about 5 months .... we got the automatic with overdrive .... peppy little thing .... we also got the roof rack with free seat covers and floor mats from the dealer ..... BE ADVISED .... should you want an extra key made as we did it will take you 2 months to get it (ordered from India) .... then you have to get it cut as the key alone is about p5000 and Mr. Quickie usually won't do them because if they make a mistake it will ruin their day as they will have to buy you a new one .... after getting it cut you wait for the Suzuki computer tech to come and program the key (p1200) .... that took about 2 weeks .... 

So why did we need another key when you get 2 with the car.... simple I carry one J caries one and the spare is for emergencies should we loose both ... slim chance but with the length of time it takes to get another one you will wait about 4-5 months with no car ....

OH and you can have a new key made in Mr. Quickie but it will only unlock the door manually .... not electronically and it will not start the car (ain't modern technology great) ..... so don't loose your key .... :SugarwareZ-004:

So enjoy your new APV .... we do .... :cornflakes:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck in keeping it scratch free for longer than a month. It's the motorbikes that kill you (well, more likely them but you know what I mean).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Just be careful when driving.

In the PI,  they don't drive on the same side of the street as they do in UK.  ( smile )

Make sure you have a loud horn and good brakes. 

I dont drive here anymore I did from 2011 to 2013 when we had a Urvan we now pay the brother in law to drive us around or if its to manila we use a guy down the road as bro in law will not drive to manila !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mike S said:

Yup we love ours .... had it for about 5 months .... we got the automatic with overdrive .... peppy little thing .... we also got the roof rack with free seat covers and floor mats from the dealer ..... BE ADVISED .... should you want an extra key made as we did it will take you 2 months to get it (ordered from India) .... then you have to get it cut as the key alone is about p5000 and Mr. Quickie usually won't do them because if they make a mistake it will ruin their day as they will have to buy you a new one .... after getting it cut you wait for the Suzuki computer tech to come and program the key (p1200) .... that took about 2 weeks .... 

So why did we need another key when you get 2 with the car.... simple I carry one J caries one and the spare is for emergencies should we loose both ... slim chance but with the length of time it takes to get another one you will wait about 4-5 months with no car ....

OH and you can have a new key made in Mr. Quickie but it will only unlock the door manually .... not electronically and it will not start the car (ain't modern technology great) ..... so don't loose your key .... :SugarwareZ-004:

So enjoy your new APV .... we do .... :cornflakes:

we will look into that thanks for the info

did think of getting a GPS key fob for the second set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice motor....A guy once said to me....When the horse is bigger than the cart, you won't have much trouble! :cheersty:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mike S said:

Yup we love ours .... had it for about 5 months .... we got the automatic with overdrive .... peppy little thing .... we also got the roof rack with free seat covers and floor mats from the dealer ..... BE ADVISED .... should you want an extra key made as we did it will take you 2 months to get it (ordered from India) .... then you have to get it cut as the key alone is about p5000 and Mr. Quickie usually won't do them because if they make a mistake it will ruin their day as they will have to buy you a new one .... after getting it cut you wait for the Suzuki computer tech to come and program the key (p1200) .... that took about 2 weeks .... 

So why did we need another key when you get 2 with the car.... simple I carry one J caries one and the spare is for emergencies should we loose both ... slim chance but with the length of time it takes to get another one you will wait about 4-5 months with no car ....

OH and you can have a new key made in Mr. Quickie but it will only unlock the door manually .... not electronically and it will not start the car (ain't modern technology great) ..... so don't loose your key .... :SugarwareZ-004:

So enjoy your new APV .... we do .... :cornflakes:

If it wont start the engine, but unlocks the door, then i would say the only thing your missing is the immobiliser chip inside the key. The chip shouldnt cost you that much (then again its the Phillipines).

Chips can be added to most car key blanks. I broke my Toyotas key once. Had a new one cut and the chip transfered (open up the key, take the chip out and put it into the new key). All done at a local "Mr Quickie type place".

 

Put the cheap key in the ignition and the original key next to the ignition. That should start it.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

If it wont start the engine, but unlocks the door, then i would say the only thing your missing is the immobiliser chip inside the key. The chip shouldnt cost you that much (then again its the Phillipines).

Chips can be added to most car key blanks. I broke my Toyotas key once. Had a new one cut and the chip transfered (open up the key, take the chip out and put it into the new key). All done at a local "Mr Quickie type place".

 

Put the cheap key in the ignition and the original key next to the ignition. That should start it.

 

Wish it was that simple unfortunately it doesn't work that way for the Suzuki .... even when we had the new key programed by the tech they change the code of the new key which made our old keys not work .... he had to recode our other keys to match the code he put in the new one ..... he could not put the old code in the new key ..... I assume to prevent theft .... if you order new keys it does not come with a code for your car in them it is installed at the dealership by the tech with his device and programed for that car .... it is a pretty complicated process and takes a couple of hours .... we were there watching him the whole time .... they have to get the code from mother Suzuki by computer and each code for each car is different .... unlike some cars that use the same code for numerous cars but in different regions .....

When I said the key you buy and have cut from Mr. Quickie type store would unlock the door I meant put your key in the door and turn it manually .... there is no electronic gadgetry involved using that key ... just opens mechanically like in the good old days .... of course when using the Suzuki electronic key it will lock and unlock electronically ..... and I was told if the battery goes bad in the key (you can change the battery yourself) you can unlock your door but not start the car .... the reason we both care a key .... with a spare at home that we can retrieve by taxi .... will we ever need it .... probably not but like insurance you may never need it but you are sure glad when you do .... :hystery:

Great suggestion on putting the old key with the chip in it next to the new one if the key is broke off .... you could just put them on the same key ring .... :AddEmoticons04230:      :cornflakes:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...