Dumaguete - a great place to retire

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Photo of Max Veracity surrounded by five girls lacks authenticity.

I'm not sure what that means, but by an interesting co-incidence I happen to know each of them.  If you would like to print out the photo you mention, I could take you to visit each girl so we can get to the bottom of it. :popcorn:

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Hi Dave.

The image is on the website, "Living in Dumaguete City" with the caption MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AT SUMC. My comment is based on personal experience as a professional photographer in advertising. Everything is set-up including the clothes worn by the models.

I have been happily married to the same person for over 44 years. The romance has never disappeared. We are soulmates. Therefore, no interest in meeting someone else.   

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

My comment is based on personal experience as a professional photographer in advertising. Everything is set-up including the clothes worn by the models.

Then my friend Daryl must have got lucky as he took that shot.  But nothing is set up.  Its all taken off-the-cuff.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Photo of Max Veracity surrounded by five girls lacks authenticity. He should have hired hospital nurses in uniform to pose for a picture with him.

For our visit next year to Dumaguete, I would look for available housing near a hospital. It could be one of the hospitals still under construction. Philippines as a retirement destination will only happen when we are no longer independent living seniors. The calculation is our current active retirement budget is sufficient for living expenses and hiring caregivers in Dumaguete or a similar mid-size city. Impossible to do this in the United States.  

Hi JJ,

Gotta tell you my friend, I met that Max Veracity bloke when I was in Duma earlier this year and for an old fella he certainly does alright with the babae, he must be offering them something very special, Lol.

Little wonder he ended up in hospital, must be exhausting., bless him.

:6:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Photo of Max Veracity surrounded by five girls lacks authenticity.

Oh it is Authentic enough Believe me, Better to have 5 Good friends who care, rather than Unformed Nurses taken away from other Patients,  What would newcomers to the PI think if they saw nurses parading for Photo's Family and Friends are the way hospital care goes with the exception of medical and Nursing care, 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm not sure what that means, but by an interesting co-incidence I happen to know each of them.  If you would like to print out the photo you mention, I could take you to visit each girl so we can get to the bottom of it. :popcorn:

Can Jake and I go too? Please?

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think the surrounds of Dumaguete can be a great place to retire. I have a friend who lived outside of Bacong who is a home body. He bought about 4,000,000 php worth of furnishings, appliances, computers and hobby tools and he is happy as a clam staying at home whereas he used to be an apartment dweller in the US and didn't have room for all he wanted. I still had to bring him a considerable sized care package of things he needed but couldn't get in Dumaguete. If he could have afforded a sizeable house in the US, and got a wife half his age:thumbsup:, he probably would have been even happier there.

My comfort level begs for a bigger city than Dumaguete because I am not a homebody. Negros is a great place to visit and I'm glad I stayed long enough to see a lot of it. It just wasn't for me.

If one were looking for laid back? I would suggest the west side of Negros. The west side of Negros is so laid back several times I thought I might check someone to see if they had a pulse.:smile:

• Like 1