Schengen visa for her.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, brock said:

This is for Ireland but its nearly the same for any European Country in the Schengen area

https://www.hashdoc.com/documents/77893/surinder-singh-for-newbies-pdf

Thanks Brock. Looks interesting!

brock
Posted
Posted

By rights you shouldnt get a Schengen visa for your home country, A Schengen visa is for any other country in Europe other than your own,( Unless your country is different ), All Countries do not allow their own Citizen to bring their None European spouse into the country without lots of financial requirements and regulations.

The Surinder Singh or SS Route as it is called allows people to get a Schengen visa and travel to any EU Country in the Schengen area  other than their own, were they must live and work for a minimum of 3 months and 1 day, After that period of time if they have received a Resident card for that Country they are then allowed entry into their own Country.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Brock. Not planing on working in any other country. I have done alot of googleing and i cant find anything that would say that she couldn't apply for a temp resident permit once inside the country (even the immigratsion website says that it must be applied in person either in an embassy or a immigratsions office if in the country).

I think (and hope) that the fact that i have family there who she and our son haven't meet , is a good enough reason for a turist visa. I'm not going to tell them that we might apply for the temp resident permit once we are there, get married and she likes it there.

Ill give it a try. If they reject, then its just 60euros (3000pesos) wasted on the visa fee. We go on Plan B, which is getting a Euro passport for our son, getting married and applying for a temp resident permit for her in the Beijing embassy. They cant refuse that because of an decision of the Supreme Court of Estonia.

We will get the birth cert tomorrow and hopefully getting our son Filipino passport is smooth sailing (probably not). Will pay for it to be expedited. Hopefully we are ready to try the turist visa application start of june.

I think the SS route is mostly for people that's endgame is UK. Heard UK is much more strict with their immigration. Not meny people want to move to Estonia (you cant just arrive and live like a king on welfare), so should be easier.

Edited by Sander Martin

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

My reply might be too late or irrelevant (it's based on the situation here in Beijing)In 2012 I went through the process of helping a Filipina friend, who was based in Beijing, get a Schengen visa for a side visit to Paris during a trip to the UK (she had already been granted a UK visa. And I have several expat friends who have local spouses who travel on Schengen visas

1) If an EU citizen applies to the French Embassy for a Schengen visa for their spouse the visa will be issued with a minimum  of hassle, free of charge, and with a one year validity Since we were not married we could not take advantage of this: however perhaps you could.

2) Some countries, eg France, are very popular as the "first point of entry" and there is likely to be a long wait for an appointment (not the case in 1 above). In our case we applied for visa through France and had to wait nearly six weeks for an appointment with the visa agency that the embassy outsourced the process to. The requirements were stringent, including onward tickets from France, hotel bookings and health insurance. When the visa was issued it was limited the three days that she was actually intending to spend in Paris.

3) Although normal practice is to apply for a visa through the country that is your first point of entry this was not a requirement of the Schengen rules so you can look for the most visitor friendly nation, here in 2012 that was the Czech Republic (Czechia).

Good luck

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
On 19.5.2016 at 0:40 PM, not so old china hand said:

My reply might be too late or irrelevant (it's based on the situation here in Beijing)In 2012 I went through the process of helping a Filipina friend, who was based in Beijing, get a Schengen visa for a side visit to Paris during a trip to the UK (she had already been granted a UK visa. And I have several expat friends who have local spouses who travel on Schengen visas

1) If an EU citizen applies to the French Embassy for a Schengen visa for their spouse the visa will be issued with a minimum  of hassle, free of charge, and with a one year validity Since we were not married we could not take advantage of this: however perhaps you could.

2) Some countries, eg France, are very popular as the "first point of entry" and there is likely to be a long wait for an appointment (not the case in 1 above). In our case we applied for visa through France and had to wait nearly six weeks for an appointment with the visa agency that the embassy outsourced the process to. The requirements were stringent, including onward tickets from France, hotel bookings and health insurance. When the visa was issued it was limited the three days that she was actually intending to spend in Paris.

3) Although normal practice is to apply for a visa through the country that is your first point of entry this was not a requirement of the Schengen rules so you can look for the most visitor friendly nation, here in 2012 that was the Czech Republic (Czechia).

Good luck

Thank you for the feedback!

Specially the info that they might not give the full 3 months and just the requested time. We were thinking about maybe applying for a month only so we dont need to pay for full 3 months of insurance for our son (he will get a Euro passport and healthcare in a day) and then just book a ticket for the full 3 months later - save a few euros. We will apply for the full almost 3 months now just incase they do only give you the time intended.

We will have a return ticket for her and son because return for her and child+one way for me is only about 60 euros more expensive then one way for all 3. Gives her a peace of mind aswell that she has a ticket back incase things dont work out for us in Estonia... Flying Lufthansa Manila-HK-Munich-Tallinn and back - i have spent hours upon hours looking at different ways to get into Estonia from Manila and this is by far the best. Going one way she would need a throw awey ticket to get out of the country anyways. Immigratsion wouldnt let her out of the country without a return ticket to Phillipines when she came to see me in Australia last year...

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
On 05/30/2016 at 3:11 PM, Sander Martin said:

Thank you for the feedback!

Specially the info that they might not give the full 3 months and just the requested time.

It's a pleasure.

Yes we were surprised at her only getting three days. Particularly since she had just been granted a six month multi-entry visa to the UK. And this was her second trip to UK, so there was a track record of not over-staying.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Norwegian Consulate in Cebu turned out to be great. We registred our application online last saturday and printed out all the documents needed. On monday we submitted all the documents to VFS Global Cebu near Ayala mall (VFS is the consulates partner and you have to submit your documents thru them). Today (Wednesday) i got an email from the Consulate saying both Annes and our sons visa is approved and ready. Less then 48hours from the time we submitted to approved.

Now we are just waiting for the passports to arrive by mail and we will buy the tickets.

Happy!

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Sander Martin said:

Norwegian Consulate in Cebu turned out to be great. We registred our application online last saturday and printed out all the documents needed. On monday we submitted all the documents to VFS Global Cebu near Ayala mall (VFS is the consulates partner and you have to submit your documents thru them). Today (Wednesday) i got an email from the Consulate saying both Annes and our sons visa is approved and ready. Less then 48hours from the time we submitted to approved.

Now we are just waiting for the passports to arrive by mail and we will buy the tickets.

Happy!

thumbs-up-homer.png Here's wishing you all the best and Bon Voyage 

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

Happy!

Congrats to you and your family, hope the trip goes well and everything works out for you, good luck. Send us some decent cheese will you:thumbsup:

• Like 2

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

Snap some photos of the birch by the waters edge, I miss that view.

Whish all of you a safe journey and a future full of interesting adventures!

• Like 2