39 Sentences That Would Confuse The ?????? Out Of Anyone Who Isn’t From The Philippines

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

Not sure if its in the right place. Saw this on r/ph, just wanna share this, this might help someone.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/isabellelaureta/keri-lang?utm_term=.ooeYm4eEB#.ocLWO54p1

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, frozenmystic28 said:

Not sure if its in the right place. Saw this on r/ph, just wanna share this, this might help someone.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/isabellelaureta/keri-lang?utm_term=.ooeYm4eEB#.ocLWO54p1

Thumbs up Fonz..jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Interesting.  It seems I do not hang around with enough filipinos as I have not heard any of those saying before.  :huh-huh:

• Like 1

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

Will keep them handy, could be fun to through some lingo around that she will have no clue about :tiphat:

• 2 months later...
Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I've had people say "nosebleed" to something I've said. My wife told me why and it's like you said, they don't know WTF I said.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Memorize a few lines and use it with your non-Filipino friends. That way everyone would think you have gone native. 

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I would like to add that anyone not from urban areas of the states might have trouble understanding some of the people. Young people's slang changes often. What once meant something will mean something else in more recent times. 

skank, player, my crib, my squeeze, shitonashingle, etc, etc...

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 5/13/2016 at 6:37 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Interesting.  It seems I do not hang around with enough filipinos as I have not heard any of those saying before.  :huh-huh:

99% Tagalog...

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I have a hard time understanding the Filipinos that I know when they speak English. My wife is the translator if they speak Visayan.

• Like 1

skyskyper
Posted
Posted

What's happened to the language while I was away?! I didn't understand a thing :popcorn:

• Like 3