Alternative cereals

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Anybody who wants an alternative cereal and lives in Dumaguete should check out Lee plaza hypermart as I have found cereal bars which are the same as Sugarpuffs and Rice crispies.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Sorry but everyone knows there is but one cereal ...... cornflakes ...... :cornflakes::cornflakes::cornflakes::hystery::hystery:

Just kidding ..... but I do eat Special K and I loved the shredded wheat biscuits (cereal) sold by Tesco when SM used to carry it .... but as usual it was sold out about 1 month after they got it so no need to order it again .... that was 6 months ago .... :SugarwareZ-004:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If anyone sees this one in Dumaguete would you let me know.

weetabix.jpg

Please do NOT confuse it with this crap (which is some kind of imitation that I hate)

weet-Bix.jpg

I is fussy about my breakfast cereal. :hystery:  Until I find the true Weetabix I shall suffer with Nestle's Cornflakes :cornflakes:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If anyone sees this one in Dumaguete would you let me know.

weetabix.jpg

Please do NOT confuse it with this crap (which is some kind of imitation that I hate)

weet-Bix.jpg

I is fussy about my breakfast cereal. :hystery:  Until I find the true Weetabix I shall suffer with Nestle's Cornflakes :cornflakes:

I have only seen Weetabix once in SM about 3 years ago and yes they sold out very quickly.Life aint fair sometimes Dave

Edited by sonjack2847
spelling
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not sure why weet-bix is crap as that is the aussie  weet bix. Can not see a brand  name on the other but I guess its what you are used too. 

Added

For Dave, what language is that under the natural slogan? 

Weetabix is the British version of the original Australian Weet-Bix. Both Weet-Bix and Weetabix were invented by Bennison Osborne, an Australian. Weet-Bix was introduced in Australia through the company “Grain Products Limited” in the mid-1920s, with funding from businessman Arthur Shannon and marketing assistance from Osborne’s New Zealand friend Malcolm Macfarlane. To both Osborne’s and Macfarlane’s disappointment, Grain Products sold both its Australian company (in 1928) and then its New Zealand company (in 1930), to the Sanitarium Health Foods Company. Osborne and Macfarlane then went to South Africa where Arthur Shannon, the owner of Grain Products, funded another Weet-Bix factory. While in South Africa, Osborne modified his Weet-Bix recipe and with Macfarlane, obtained private funding and began the development of a new company, The British and African Cereal Company Limited, naming the new company's product, Weetabix. The company commenced business in England in 1932 in an unused gristmill at Burton Latimer, near Kettering.[5] In 1936, the name of the company was changed to Weetabix Limited.

Weet-Bix are currently marketed in Australasia and South Africa by Sanitarium. The product was introduced to North America in 1967, when Weetabix Limited began exporting the product to Canada. The United States followed in 1968.[6]

On May 3, 2012 Bright Food announced it will take a 60% stake in Weetabix in a deal that values the company at £1.2bn.[7]

Edited by Jollygoodfellow

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

@Jollygoodfellow It is arabic

high res alternativ image

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Anybody who wants an alternative cereal and lives in Dumaguete should check out Lee plaza hypermart as I have found cereal bars which are the same as Sugarpuffs and Rice crispies.

Lee and Cereal in the same sentence? OK I'm in........ this should get interesting.

download.jpg

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

That is alright for you thing b...ds Kev!

mogo51
Posted
Posted

It was one thing I noticed when recently in Phils, the choice of cereal is very lacking, getting a decent muesli is a challenge.  But typically sugary high carb kid directed cereal is prominent.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2016 at 6:36 PM, mogo51 said:

It was one thing I noticed when recently in Phils, the choice of cereal is very lacking, getting a decent muesli is a challenge.  But typically sugary high carb kid directed cereal is prominent.

I used to buy a Muesli called Monster in SM that was quite good. They had 3 or 4 different types. Tropical fruit, normal, etc. Very expensive. I think it was over 600 pesos per bag.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 1