Alternative cereals

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 5/13/2016 at 6:55 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

If anyone sees this one in Dumaguete would you let me know.

weetabix.jpg

Please do NOT confuse it with this crap (which is some kind of imitation that I hate)

weet-Bix.jpg

I is fussy about my breakfast cereal. :hystery:  Until I find the true Weetabix I shall suffer with Nestle's Cornflakes :cornflakes:

I shall drive past the main factory that produces weetabix at least twice a week on my return to the UK , I will knock on their door and complain on your behalf :whistling:

• Haha 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Are they like popped rice?If so you can get them at Yan Yan`s in town.

No, but I like puffed rice also. I'll check those out.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, davewe said:

No, but I like puffed rice also. I'll check those out.

Checkout supermarkets for " Rice Crispies" and "Sugar Puffs" They are both about :wink:

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted (edited)

The worlds greatest breakfast cereal is available in the Phil's,I dont know what you are all complaining about 

Porridge is the answer , and for you whimpering softies you can add a sprinkle of sugar ,personally I like slicing a banana (you can get them too in the phils) or a dribble of honey 

I suppose the Australians have a copy of that to :hystery:

Edited by bastonjock
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bastonjock said:

The worlds greatest breakfast cereal is available in the Phil's,I dont know what you are all complaining about 

Porridge is the answer , and for you whimpering softies you can add a sprinkle of sugar ,personally I like slicing a banana (you can get them too in the phils) or a dribble of honey 

I like porridge but being a soft southern Bas...d I don`t like it everyday.Sometimes I like Shredded wheat or Weetabix OK with you?:whistling:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bastonjock said:

They certainly do but most here is the Quaker brand which is US founded. Quaker is owned by pepsi.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 11/29/2018 at 10:25 AM, davewe said:

I have yet to find Chex cereals in Duma. You'd think Rice Chex would go over big here lol.

I found this in SM - I thought it would taste like the Chex cereals but it tastes much better, IMHO. Like many British foods I've found here and tried, this is delicious and doesn't taste fake like so many American foods do. I usually buy two boxes of it when I see it because it doesn't stay on the SM shelf long before it's gone.

51ePzJoezmL._SX385_.jpg

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, JDDavao said:

I usually buy two boxes of it when I see it because it doesn't stay on the SM shelf long before it's gone.

Exactly! As and when but things are here. you just have to be in time or lose out But.......... Things are here. Rice crispies.jpg

Sugar-puffs_Box.jpg Even puffed wheat.jpg :wink:

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'd love to find Weetabix here. I've wanted to try them since I saw Cherry Healey talk about them on Inside The Factory.

Edited by JDDavao
forgot words

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I'd love to find Weetabix here. I've wanted to try them since I saw Cherry Healey talk about them on Inside The Factory.

Google Brittish products in the Philippines and you will find a site where you buy online. P300 for box of 24.

• Like 1