Is it me? or them?

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Ahh, you expected them to be psychic and understand that by asking the price it meant you actually wanted to buy one. If I'm looking to buy tech here in Cebu City I always follow the price question with "And do you have any in stock?" knowing full well it's 50/50 yes or no. Shop staff in the Philippines will answer your questions but rarely provide additional info beyond that. All part of the fun that is the Philippines. 

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I agree with the other members, you asked a  question and got an answer.  Now elsewhere ie. back in the States, they would probably qualify qualify the answer.  But you are in the provinces well and truly so your expectations were a little too high obviously.

But the good news is, you  probably now have one!  I still have my S4 that my friend handed down to me, a good phone.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

In high school people would get mad at me (even the teachers) because I would answer the question they asked - not assume another question...  Maybe that is why I am so comfortable here ha ha! 

Welcome to the Philippines :tiphat:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

In high school people would get mad at me (even the teachers) because I would answer the question they asked - not assume another question...  Maybe that is why I am so comfortable here ha ha! 

Welcome to the Philippines :tiphat:

I used to love to stage a white mutiny at work if I had a superior who didn't know their rear from a hole in the ground. When they tell you in front of witnesses to do something that you know to be wrong do it immediately and with such energy that they will never be able to cover it up.:whistling:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert k said:

I used to love to stage a white mutiny at work if I had a superior who didn't know their rear from a hole in the ground. When they tell you in front of witnesses to do something that you know to be wrong do it immediately and with such energy that they will never be able to cover it up.:whistling:

The same tactic was used by enlisted when newly minted officers needed to learn to listen to those who work for them.

• Like 3

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I agree with the other members, you asked a  question and got an answer.  Now elsewhere ie. back in the States, they would probably qualify qualify the answer.  But you are in the provinces well and truly so your expectations were a little too high obviously.

But the good news is, you  probably now have one!  I still have my S4 that my friend handed down to me, a good phone.

I picked up my Galaxy S7 yesterday at the SM city in Rosales. I spent three hours playing with it last night. I liked my S4, but I love the S7. I am heavily into developing Android applications and that was the main driver of my buying the S7. If I only was going to use the S7 for calling and texting I would have never have bought it. I would have just continued to use the S4 that I bought in the states 3 years ago. I also scored points with my wife as she now inherits my S4! :smile:

• Like 4

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
On 05/22/2016 at 3:11 AM, Mr. Bobo said:

I picked up my Galaxy S7 yesterday at the SM city in Rosales. I spent three hours playing with it last night. I liked my S4, but I love the S7. I am heavily into developing Android applications and that was the main driver of my buying the S7. If I only was going to use the S7 for calling and texting I would have never have bought it. I would have just continued to use the S4 that I bought in the states 3 years ago. I also scored points with my wife as she now inherits my S4! :smile:

I held on to my S4 until a few weeks back when it slipped to the ground from the drivers seat, and cracked the screen. Repair would be expensive as the S4 comes with the screen all in one unit. I had skipped S5 since it offered no improvement, got the S6 edge but never used it (as I require real root access + sd card) and here I was sitting on the sidewalk with my trusted friend in pieces.

To my surprise, S7 was offering both real root plus sd-card. Or I would had swapped brand...

Bottom line - I agree, what a fab phone this is! Sadly, no one to inherit my S4, it did sound service and will be buried with honours.

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted

I am old enough to remember a time in the US where if you walked into a car lot and wanted a new car - in most cases they had to order it. They might have one on the lot but if you wanted any other features or a different color - you had to order it. The price they could tell you but no one expected to have the exact car you wanted in stock.

So yes, when it comes to a new phone in the Philippines, unless I saw it on display I would ask about availability. Hell, even if I saw it on display, I would ask about availability :)

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, davewe said:

I am old enough to remember a time in the US where if you walked into a car lot and wanted a new car - in most cases they had to order it. They might have one on the lot but if you wanted any other features or a different color - you had to order it. The price they could tell you but no one expected to have the exact car you wanted in stock.

So yes, when it comes to a new phone in the Philippines, unless I saw it on display I would ask about availability. Hell, even if I saw it on display, I would ask about availability :)

Still the best way to buy a car if you can do it.

• Like 1

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, davewe said:

I definitely learned a valuable lesson. I will never do that again. As the old saying goes "the second time you get kicked in the head by a mule you don't learn anything" :smile: