Is it me? or them?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I have learned to ask for the price & availability. 

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My Moto G (first edition) was acting up a while back and I needed a phone real quick...  since I was in GMall already, I did a quick walkthrough and found a Cloudfone Excite for p3990...  Sure, it's only 3G but try finding an LTE signal here...  lol!  And really?  It's the camera and SD Card compatibility that I cared about!

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, i am bob said:

My Moto G (first edition) was acting up a while back and I needed a phone real quick...  since I was in GMall already, I did a quick walkthrough and found a Cloudfone Excite for p3990...  Sure, it's only 3G but try finding an LTE signal here...  lol!  And really?  It's the camera and SD Card compatibility that I cared about!

I have no problem with HSPA+ 3G speed if you can get it HSDPA can try my patience though. What kind of speed are you getting? I'm sure others are curious also.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, robert k said:

I have no problem with HSPA+ 3G speed if you can get it HSDPA can try my patience though. What kind of speed are you getting? I'm sure others are curious also.

As I have terrible smart service here, it sucks... no matter what phone I use...   and, of course, everybody is on Smart...  I just recently dropped a globe sim in and finally I know what 4 bars look like...   my home internet is globe lte broadband and is pretty good...  I haven't done a speed test for a long time though...  no matter where you are?  Check for signal strength!  If it bounces up and down as you walk through the house?  Check the other company !

• Like 2

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, i am bob said:

In live in Aritao , Nueva Vizcaya and I was averaging about 1.5 Mbps with the SmartBro Pocket Wifi for months. For the past 2 months the SmartBro has been virtually unusable. In Solano, about 50 kilometers from where I live and where I am going to rent a (work office) apartment I got about 3.5 Mbps when I did a few speed tests. There is a Smart office about 200 meters from the apartment I am going to rent. I walked into the office to talk to a techie about the SmartBro problems in Aritao. While I was waiting my turn, I turned on my laptop, fire up my SmartBro and on my 1st speed test I got a whopping 10 Mbps! I almost fell off the chair. Why a 6.5 Mbps difference when their office is only 200 meters from the apartment I am going to rent? Go figure. After talking to a few people in line I expect to get 5 or 6 Mbps on SmartBro Pocket WiFi depending on time of day, network traffic, etc. When I asked why my Smartbro has been virtually unusable for the past two months in Aritao I was told that they are doing infrastructure changes, moving or adding cell towers and these changes require long term outages. Of course the customer is never informed of these long term outages. Welcome to the Philippines!:bonk:

Nephi
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Mr. Bobo said:

In live in Aritao , Nueva Vizcaya and I was averaging about 1.5 Mbps with the SmartBro Pocket Wifi for months. For the past 2 months the SmartBro has been virtually unusable. In Solano, about 50 kilometers from where I live and where I am going to rent a (work office) apartment I got about 3.5 Mbps when I did a few speed tests. There is a Smart office about 200 meters from the apartment I am going to rent. I walked into the office to talk to a techie about the SmartBro problems in Aritao. While I was waiting my turn, I turned on my laptop, fire up my SmartBro and on my 1st speed test I got a whopping 10 Mbps! I almost fell off the chair. Why a 6.5 Mbps difference when their office is only 200 meters from the apartment I am going to rent? Go figure. After talking to a few people in line I expect to get 5 or 6 Mbps on SmartBro Pocket WiFi depending on time of day, network traffic, etc. When I asked why my Smartbro has been virtually unusable for the past two months in Aritao I was told that they are doing infrastructure changes, moving or adding cell towers and these changes require long term outages. Of course the customer is never informed of these long term outages. Welcome to the Philippines!:bonk:

At the same time, you never know if the agent is telling you the truth or if they even know what the truth is in regards to your service..

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have found out that this is one of their fallback answers...  they really have no clue because they are trained not to look...  and, yes, they do have the tools I find out...

• Like 1