El Nina

markpa
Posted
Posted

:Caught:  If anyone what the rest of the summer is going to be there. The National Weather  Agency is now calling for a new El Nina beginning by Mid Summer in The Pacific El Nino is finished now we all sweat and no water at all. Oh still in the States not that it matters were going to catch it too. Mark

chris49
Posted
Posted

Big rain last night here up north.

Right on schedule as rice planting will start soon.

Very severe seasonal flooding in Colombo since last week. Along the banks of the Kelani River, a place where almost 30 years ago I saw children roped and tethered by the ankles on Kelani Bridge. Amazing scene but it was the only way to keep them safe.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Had a nice rain in Moalboal two days ago, first in about six weeks.  Yesterday the wind shifted for the first time to blow from the north here.  The change to wet weather should be just around the corner.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Three days of rain a few days ago in Iloilo (1-2hours each day, but quite lite rain). There has been lighting almost every night, but still waiting for that huge rain..

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

Postponed washing until it jumped in and cleaned itself. Rain will continue according to forecasts. (Mabalacat, Angeles)

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

As I look up to the sky I can see clouds.

I can hear thunder in the distance.

I can see men in the bay banging the water with sticks.

But still there is no rain !

we drove to Calamba to day

then on to Santa Rosa  saw clouds in the sky.

But still no Rain

As I write this message I can hear thunder in the distance

and the birds have all flown away !

But still no rain !

The wife keeps telling me its the rainy season 

But still no Rain !

The wife Bought yet another Umbrella today !

so that must mean the Rain is on its way !!

I mean she is is a Filipino so she must know !

I mean I am just a humble ex-pat what do I know ?

and still there is no rain

• Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, MikeSwede said:

Postponed washing until it jumped in and cleaned itself. Rain will continue according to forecasts. (Mabalacat, Angeles)

We're a little bit East of you - over by Magalang. Still waiting for the rain here this evening. It will probably wait till the middle of the night again and once more knock out the power. Gets warm in a hurry when that fan or aircon goes off.

Nephi

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Nephi said:

We're a little bit East of you - over by Magalang. Still waiting for the rain here this evening. It will probably wait till the middle of the night again and once more knock out the power. Gets warm in a hurry when that fan or aircon goes off.

Nephi

Yes, yesterday night it was off for an hour. Used sheets of cardboard to move the air.

6am this morning laundry got started "no matter what" and even if the sky was deep steel grey, it has now dried up nicely.

• Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, MikeSwede said:

Yes, yesterday night it was off for an hour. Used sheets of cardboard to move the air.

6am this morning laundry got started "no matter what" and even if the sky was deep steel grey, it has now dried up nicely.

Guess we were lucky here. Power was out for only about 15 minutes or so. Just long enough to wake me up and get out of the sack. Been dry here and the kids got the laundry done early while my wife and I took off looking at those new Racal 3 wheel motor bikes. Think we just might get one.

Nephi

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Still no rain in northern Cebu province. Luckily we have running water, but many do not. Hoping for some rain in early June, but still very hot here. Sunny hot days every day.

• Like 1