Good News For Me

markpa
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup:  Well I contacted Delta Airlines International Lear Jet travel. I can get to Cebu on one of their aircraft. They only carry 12 Passengers and I can have my dog right there with me. Now I do get to bounce around some before I can even get to Cebu, its not a regular point of call but they said They can do it.

Ok ok this type of travel is for the so called rich and not so famous, its pricey real pricey. But I do get my way. This is not a $400 air flight ticket. About 16 hours for a flight, about the same as the big boys fly. Their specialty is passengers with pet's. But pet or no pet you can still fly with them. I'm not to sure about talking to some of them, i'm not rich and haha famous. Its my way to travel and get to Cebu. Well a little news anyways. Thanks. Mark

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, markpa said:

I'm not to sure about talking to some of them, i'm not rich and haha famous.

You certainly will be famous on this forum by flying to Cebu in that manner.

• Like 2

markpa
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You certainly will be famous on this forum by flying to Cebu in that manner.

:thumbsup: Oh heck I hope not. The only thing I will say, I can afford it. And no, i'm still not rich. Like I said, I get my way for a change. With my luck, i'll be the only one getting off in Cebu. But know I can say I got there and my dog. This took me weeks on end of surfing thre net. I just had a feeling I would find this kind of service. take care Jolly, you are a good fellow.Mark

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You do realize that your dog will probably be put into quarantine for a while once you get here don't you ???

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Mike S said:

You do realize that your dog will probably be put into quarantine for a while once you get here don't you ???

:console:

1 hour ago, markpa said:

But know I can say I got there and my dog.

Mark, having brought our pet with us, and having lived here for awhile I just have to say this. Mike is right, unless you have every possible form, clearance, document and approval for your dog I think you are heading into trouble. Especially if you are taking a non-traditional mode of transportation. One of the biggest mistakes I have made here is "ASSUMING" that everyone uses common sense and initiative here. If a person does not have every I crossed and T dotted, its real hard to talk your way through things. Folks here will stick to the exact rule as "they" understand it and will rarely waiver from it. A person can ask to speak to their supervisor, but the supervisors are invariable "in a meeting".

I am not trying to be a naysayer here, but we just want you to be forewarned and not be disappointed when you get here, especially since your spending so much money.

Good luck

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

If you have any doubts Mark about the above advice, ask Johnny Depp who tried the same thing In Australia.  His dogs were nearly 'put down' because he did not adhere to the regulations in Australia for importing animals.

As I  have suggested to you before, you need to listen to people who are giving you sound advice.

markpa
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, scott h said:

:SugarwareZ-004:oh you give me no credit. I have already gone to the official Philippine site to see what I do need

First off you need q import permit which is good for 2 months, either online or in person.

Vaccinations:

Rabies within 30 days of entry

Form form your State USDA for import and export of animals

and Your dog must also be vaccinated against canine, distemper, infectious hepatitis, leptospirosis, canine parvovirus. Oh more:

Internal and External parasites,

Pet must have required Tick and Tapeworm treatment 48 hours before departure.

quarantine : Delta told me that The pets that go into quartine are usually the ones that have been in a cargo for 1 5 to 16 hours, completey dehydrated, and have not moved for the entire flight. And look sickly. Due to the forgoing statement. My pet, completely hydrated, free run of the flight deck so activity not confined to a canine carrier for 15 hours. A healthy pet is one who can still be alert and active, unlike the poor dogs locked in a carrier. Delta's findings say most over 90% of all pets do no quarantine. But again I think its how the pet

is transported.

Paper work Delta gives you a flight intake worker for that. They make sure all paper work is filled out and signed But i'll still make sure all the T's are crossed and all the i's dotted.I like my ducks all in a row.

Oh my flight is by Delta Air Lines. you know the International Air Carrier,  nothing special there, just less passengers, and the pets. The delta guy did say Thailand is the worst place to get a pet thru customs.

So sere I been a busy little bee looking up all this stuff to take my pet. ok, there is always the unknown,but that would be like a fireball hitting the earth. This won't be a cake walk but if I have and I will have everything in place.I appricate the sound advise i'm getting, thank you. After all you been there and done that.  See I figure this by going the way i'm goin, I have experts who do this every day. As far as pets go, what kind of help do you get, getting on a 747 to the P.I. NONE! But remember anything that is a sure thing, isn't. Ok enough opn this,Thanks again for your concern and watching out for the new guy. Take Care.Mark

9 hours ago, scott h said:

Mark, having brought our pet with us, and having lived here for awhile I just have to say this. Mike is right, unless you have every possible form, clearance, document and approval for your dog I think you are heading into trouble. Especially if you are taking a non-traditional mode of transportation. One of the biggest mistakes I have made here is "ASSUMING" that everyone uses common sense and initiative here. If a person does not have every I crossed and T dotted, its real hard to talk your way through things. Folks here will stick to the exact rule as "they" understand it and will rarely waiver from it. A person can ask to speak to their supervisor, but the supervisors are invariable "in a meeting".

I am not trying to be a naysayer here, but we just want you to be forewarned and not be disappointed when you get here, especially since your spending so much money.

Good luck

:thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Delta says that Thailand is the worst place to get pets into? I just watched a few episodes of Bangkok Airport reality show yesterday on youtube and they had a russian women drunk out of her mind bring a cat and American guy bring two dogs. All they needed to do in the airport was pay 1000baht per animal import fee (medical paperwork was all ok i guess).

I wish you good luck Mark. Brave man leaving everything behind in the US without visiting Philippines before.

markpa
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

Delta says that Thailand is the worst place to get pets into? I just watched a few episodes of Bangkok Airport reality show yesterday on youtube and they had a russian women drunk out of her mind bring a cat and American guy bring two dogs. All they needed to do in the airport was pay 1000baht per animal import fee (medical paperwork was all ok i guess).

I wish you good luck Mark. Brave man leaving everything behind in the US without visiting Philippines before.

:thumbsup: oh maybe that guy doesn't like Thailand/ Brave man. Thanks .Really its fulfilling a 10 year old dream to be in the P.I. This move isn't some flash in the pan idea. Ya not coming there before to check things before hand might be a bad idea,  but its my idea. I done a ton of research on the pet thing, so i'm on the right track there. See I have to be for my dog.  In a way she's all I got, no wife or girlfriend here, just me and the dog. In this matter I have to be on the nose. Thanks.Mark

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, markpa said:

:thumbsup: oh maybe that guy doesn't like Thailand/ Brave man. Thanks .Really its fulfilling a 10 year old dream to be in the P.I. This move isn't some flash in the pan idea. Ya not coming there before to check things before hand might be a bad idea,  but its my idea. I done a ton of research on the pet thing, so i'm on the right track there. See I have to be for my dog.  In a way she's all I got, no wife or girlfriend here, just me and the dog. In this matter I have to be on the nose. Thanks.Mark

Good luck again Mark. Dont burn your bridges in the US. You never know, you might have to go back :).

• Like 2