Good News For Me

markpa
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Sander Martin said:

Good luck again Mark. Dont burn your bridges in the US. You never know, you might have to go back :).

:shades: You'll see my bridges burning all the way from Cebu. I will never go back. Thanks for the good wishes,and your support.Mark

1 minute ago, Sander Martin said:

Good luck again Mark. Dont burn your bridges in the US. You never know, you might have to go back :).

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, markpa said:

:shades: You'll see my bridges burning all the way from Cebu. I will never go back. Thanks for the good wishes,and your support.Mark

I was the same when i left my job in Estonia 4 years ago for NZ and Australia. It was a "mid summer party" with alot of drinking. Got drunk and told all my bosses how bullsh&t the system was (worked for a local council for 5 years). Alot of the small workers like me came to me the next day and said "thanks, you told them how we all feel". Now when i go back home, I probably wont get the same job as i had (not that i want to). I was young and stupid (25 then). You should never burn your bridges back home.

You might think Mark that you will never return (i knew i was going to return in 2-10years)... you might not like the life here (its not for everyone)! I was just young, stupid and full of life back then. Now im still you and full of life, not as stupid ??.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1

markpa
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sander Martin said:

I was the same when i left my job in Estonia 4 years ago for NZ and Australia. It was a "mid summer party" with alot of drinking. Got drunk and told all my bosses how bullsh&t the system was (worked for a local council for 5 years). Alot of the small workers like me came to me the next day and said "thanks, you told them how we all feel". Now when i go back home, I probably wont get the same job as i had (not that i want to). I was young and stupid (25 then). You should never burn your bridges back home.

You might think Mark that you will never return (i knew i was going to return in 2-10years)... you might not like the life here (its not for everyone)! I was just young, stupid and full of life back then. Now im still you and full of life, not as stupid ??.

:56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:I have to say, I will head your wise words, but say I stay 5 years and want to go home. What home?? You sound well read and up on current events. You see what's happening in the EU and Great Britain, well its already started in the USA. Home, no. no there will never be home again.  it will be someone else's home, but not mine.  If you rea between the lines you.ll see what I mean friend.Nope, no 60 megs of internet speed, no 1000;s of tv channels to watch, No Wal Mart, But I will have 1 thing, PEACE OF MIND. Might even have A few close expat pals. I'm not 1 to have or ask for a lot, Thanks for your words,Mark

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, markpa said:

:56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:I have to say, I will head your wise words, but say I stay 5 years and want to go home. What home?? You sound well read and up on current events. You see what's happening in the EU and Great Britain, well its already started in the USA. Home, no. no there will never be home again.  it will be someone else's home, but not mine.  If you rea between the lines you.ll see what I mean friend.Nope, no 60 megs of internet speed, no 1000;s of tv channels to watch, No Wal Mart, But I will have 1 thing, PEACE OF MIND. Might even have A few close expat pals. I'm not 1 to have or ask for a lot, Thanks for your words,Mark

Home is still home.

PS not meny "refugees" want to go to Estonia. Why? Because we dont give free money to everyone that enters (like Sweden and Finland). Its same for USA Mark. Most the people that come to US from Mexico are hard working people trying to find a better life for them and their children. US goverment isnt subsidizing them like some of the Euro states are..

When i moved to NZ and AUSTRALIA it was get a job quick or starve. Lived in NZ and Aus for 3 years and i never was unemployed for more than 1-3days (there was time when I traveled and didnt look for work). I meet so meny NZ and Aussis who said "its so hard to find work"... There i was an immigrant and i had work when i wanted to work (PS i allways worked for atleast the minimum wage... Usually alot more).... In Australia the minimum wage was around 20aud an hour as a casual worker. I Worked in a grain farm for 1 year and i got 25aud an hour+a free house(and meals during busy time of seeding and harvest). My boss (a pure breed Aussi) said that without the "backpackers" like me he would be xxxx... No Australian wants to work in the middle of nowhere even for 25aud (18usd)an hour and a free house (and some meals)....

markpa
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sander Martin said:

Home is still home.

PS not meny "refugees" want to go to Estonia. Why? Because we dont give free money to everyone that enters (like Sweden and Finland). Its same for USA Mark. Most the people that come to US from Mexico are hard working people trying to find a better life for them and their children. US goverment isnt subsidizing them like some of the Euro states are..

When i moved to NZ and AUSTRALIA it was get a job quick or starve. Lived in NZ and Aus for 3 years and i never was unemployed for more than 1-3days (there was time when I traveled and didnt look for work). I meet so meny NZ and Aussis who said "its so hard to find work"... There i was an immigrant and i had work when i wanted to work (PS i allways worked for atleast the minimum wage... Usually alot more).... In Australia the minimum wage was around 20aud an hour as a casual worker. I Worked in a grain farm for 1 year and i got 25aud an hour+a free house(and meals during busy time of seeding and harvest). My boss (a pure breed Aussi) said that without the "backpackers" like me he would be xxxx... No Australian wants to work in the middle of nowhere even for 25aud (18usd)an hour and a free house (and some meals)....

:571b119686cf7_1(72):oh I totally agree, I read they pass up little Estonia. They want the Rich laden EU countries like Germany and Great Britain and others. who give them a lot of money and benefits. Now Mexico, their all illegal. They  got this  new report, most get more in benefits then a American.  I have to be real careful what I say, I had my hand slapped for saying too much about this subject.  let me say, I will be living in a 3rd world country, poor people, and never have to live with those people or the ones coming from the Middle East, never.

One guy asked me why I didn't move to Mexico, South or Central America. I don't nor will I learn Spanish. I have checked out some of the other Pacific Asian countries, Thailand, nope, say a bad thing about the King or Queen, you may go to prison, or worst, Vietnam, nope to hard to get a resident visa, Laos,  nope, Cambodia, a maybe, I guess the P.I. is it. Don't think for one moment I won't be scared some. But I will settle in ok. After that. Onward and upward, thanks.Mark

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, markpa said:

:571b119686cf7_1(72):oh I totally agree, I read they pass up little Estonia. They want the Rich laden EU countries like Germany and Great Britain and others. who give them a lot of money and benefits. Now Mexico, their all illegal. They  got this  new report, most get more in benefits then a American.  I have to be real careful what I say, I had my hand slapped for saying too much about this subject.  let me say, I will be living in a 3rd world country, poor people, and never have to live with those people or the ones coming from the Middle East, never.

One guy asked me why I didn't move to Mexico, South or Central America. I don't nor will I learn Spanish. I have checked out some of the other Pacific Asian countries, Thailand, nope, say a bad thing about the King or Queen, you may go to prison, or worst, Vietnam, nope to hard to get a resident visa, Laos,  nope, Cambodia, a maybe, I guess the P.I. is it. Don't think for one moment I won't be scared some. But I will settle in ok. After that. Onward and upward, thanks.Mark

Do you know why the locals like Americans here(and other white people).. The money we bring in.. Thats the biggest reason mate... The money. Dont think you will live like a king here... The biggest problem with money is that it usually runs out. No offence,but from what you have written here, you sound like a really racist person. You wont survive a racist here in the Philippines long (unless you have alot and alot of money to smooth your way). The racists are usually one of the first to book their tickets back home.

Edited by Sander Martin

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

And speaking of money - make sure you bring at least a few thousand pesos with you (if I recall correctly the max legal amount to bring in/out is 10k pesos cash). You'll probably need it to pay a "fee" to the customs agent for your dog - and once they see you're traveling on a private jet (even if it's Delta) I'm sure the fee will be inflated. But you never know, you might skate right thru (and I hope you do).

Even so you'll need some local currency for the taxi ride to your hotel - btw, don't forget to book one that's pet friendly - a small detail I've overlooked myself when traveling before ?

As a side note, I did arrive once in Cebu on a private jet (no dogs with me - both literally and figuratively, lol). I basically hitched a ride with a friend who was the pilot (enroute from Tokyo to MNL). It really didn't cause much of a stir, a customs agent came out to do a quick inspection of the aircraft and he drove me to the terminal where I got my 59 day visa. 

Hope all goes well with your move and you find the peace of mind you seek - I know I did and I am looking forward to fully retiring there in a few years. In the meantime I'll have to settle for visiting a few months weeks/months per year. 

Edited by Gator

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Dont think you will live like a king here.

Why?

He said he is getting a driver and a helper. He is flying in on an expensive flight and said somewhere he has or is selling property so he has the dollars to live like a king. If you have plenty of money it's no different than anywhere else to live the high life but in the Philippines it takes less money to live like a king. :shades:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Do you know why the locals like Americans here(and other white people).. The money we bring in.. Thats the biggest reason mate... The money. Dont think you will live like a king here... The biggest problem with money is that it usually runs out. No offence,but from what you have written here, you sound like a really racist person. You wont survive a racist here in the Philippines long (unless you have alot and alot of money to smooth your way). The racists are usually one of the first to book their tickets back home.

I think the word you were looking for was Patronizing not racist. :smile: The patronizing don't care about skin color.

There are also a lot of people who Blue Sky, make claims of what they have or will do and never will do what they say they will do, which is a good thing because it will look like a train wreck if they ever try. Don't let it bother you. You can either ignore them or answer their posts in the spirit of your answer might help someone who is sincerely looking for answers.:mellow:

Personally I don't care if someone claims to have an ear condition that prevents them from flying so they are going to take a cruise until they find out they can't bring a pet then they will fly on a Lear jet. It isn't our problem, is it?:whistling:

I know, it used to bother me too, people who claimed they have bought their Filipina GF a house and anyone who has not isn't truly in a relationship based on love, when it turns out that they really hadn't bought the GF a house, they were just being ingenuous and condescending (read trolling). There is a saying that I can spot (whatever) "a mile away" and I can. Some people take awhile to catch up, some never do. Just be at peace. I hear you.:console:

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Sander, he has already indicated that is his intention ie. burn the bridges. So your sensible comment is above the point.

Mark, I assume you joined this forum to  gather information and advice, which is what we are all trying to do.

At the end of the day, it is your boat and you will be rowing it.  We all wish you good luck and happiness I am sure.

• Like 2