Windows 10, Like It Or Not, I got it!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Mr. Bobo said:

Read my previous post on Windows 10 out of the box on a Lenovo laptop that I purchased here in the Philippines. I still stand by my post although I will add this. Don't try to run Windows 10 on a laptop with 2GB of RAM like my Lenovo. 

Well I was not quoting you but anyway 2 gig of memory is not enough these days for most computing needs.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 21 May 2016 at 10:54 PM, Sander Martin said:

My Alienware laptop wants me to upgrade from Windows 8 to 10 almost everyday for months now. Thinking of doing it. Apparently windows 10 will come with a free virus protection? I only use my laptop mostly for gaming.. I have an Ipad for internet.

Anyone that has had Windows 8 and went to 10? How do you like it. I dont like windows 8 as there is no start menu (was a big fan of Windows XP until Windows 7 came out)... Heard there is a Start menu again in Windows 10??

I prefer Windows 7 but a friend installed Windows 10 on my old computer. My new APPLE MacBook Pro already had Windows 10. I'm slowly getting used to it. 

One of my sons has an Alienware computer. He loves it. He is a "Gammer" and you can't beat the speed of an Alienware ( his opinion)

I'm "old school" I still have a "Dumb Phone" too.

• Like 2

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

Apparently windows 10 will come with a free virus protection?

Windows 8 also has free virus protection. It's called Windows Defender.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Mr. Bobo said:

Windows 8 also has free virus protection. It's called Windows Defender.

As has Windows seven(7)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Windows 10?  My spare laptop barely ran XP...  Lol!  I run Lubuntu 14.10 presently (Ubuntu with a light interface) but going to wipe it and put Ubuntu 16.04 on shortly...  The latest version...  I've already checked and it will work just fine..!  Not bad for an HP 6260...  2 gig ram...  January 2002 manufacture..!  Windows 10...  Is that a new thing like Windex..?  :mocking:

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

I love the Mac and have been a convert for 4 years or so now, took a while at first but now.....wouldnt change for the earth.

Have set the neice up on new laptop today on Windows 10.........was almost alien to me after 4 years on Mac!!

Need less to say thumbs down from me

Spoiler
Spoiler

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
Capa
Posted
Posted
On 8/20/2016 at 12:36 PM, Gratefuled said:

I prefer Windows 7 but a friend installed Windows 10 on my old computer. My new APPLE MacBook Pro already had Windows 10. I'm slowly getting used to it. 

One of my sons has an Alienware computer. He loves it. He is a "Gammer" and you can't beat the speed of an Alienware ( his opinion)

I'm "old school" I still have a "Dumb Phone" too.

Oh OK, well when you get a smartphone you will crush the dumb phone. And get Linux, anything Micros#!t or Crapple, is just that, crap.

What is a "Gammer?"

Kuya M
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Capa said:

What is a "Gammer?"

1.)someone who plays video games when bored...usually very good at it 

2.) someone who plays video games as a hobby
frank::dude i can't belive you got your ass kicked at halo by a ?????? 10 year old....jesus f**k man i thought you were a gamer 
by Anonymous April 07, 2003

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Capa
Posted
Posted

Oh OK, got it, gamer, not gammer, thank you. It was a typo! And I was thinking it was some slang word for some sort of sophisticated scammer!