There's Corruption - and then there's Corruption

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sometimes, Dave, if certain people get elected in this way (shh ..money for snacks:popcorn:), at the end of the day, there's nothing more expensive than a free lunch. :89:

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

What price for the Presidency of the US Gerald?  The sums there are astronomical and obscene IMO.  Both major parties in Oz spend millions, but only a fraction of what is spend in the States.  

I tried to read and understand your nomination process, but gave up.  It just seems a matter of who has the biggest bag of money and can out trump the others.  Bugger who might be the best candidate!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My grand father used to say way back in the 60's 'Corruption and the Corrupt' are like "Communism and the Communist"

With Communism you are all equal but some are more equal than others.

With Corruption, Most Politicians and those in High places + many, may others, are Corrupt but some are more Corrupt than Others.

Just saying :smile:

• Like 4

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

On local shire elections back home in Estonia 5 years ago a long running councilman rented a minibus and bought cases of 0,5L bottles of vodkas. He picked up all the bums and alcoholics and took them to vote. They got a roadtrip and a bottle of vodka for their troubles. Apparently thats how the guy has got into the council for the last 15years ?. This time he got caught, but nothing happened. He claimed that he just provided transport for the less fortunate people and gave them the bottles for nothing.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

That sounds like good marketing skills to me.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, frozenmystic28 said:

I was offered once, I took the money but proceed to vote for my preferred candidate. they won't even know anyway. Heyyy! There's nothing wrong fooling a crook right?

I hope you got money from both sides! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted

I should add to the story that upon hearing of the return of the money my wife yelled at her mother. She was laughing but actually said, "No wonder you're poor."

Apparently she no longer counts herself as being among the poor Filipinos :)

• Like 4