Jump to content

DILG advises LGUs to register foreign nationals residing in their barangays


Recommended Posts

On 6/3/2016 at 7:26 PM, Larry45 said:

we surely don't want to be the center of attention, like most of you guys crave

I certainty hope you are not including me in the (most of you guys) as I keep my private life just that private ..... I don't associate with other ex-pats or my neighbors except to wave or say hi to my neighbors .... I have no social media accounts and never allow my picture to be taken let alone posted except for official purposes

I was only pointing out MY experiences with the Brgy as pertaining to the registration .... so if my reply upset you than so be it .... I replied to your concern about your passport info being required .... for me it was not and I guess it was not for Jack ....

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing is for sure if it is going to happen it will happen, BI, PNP, and NBI reporting, you gotta go to them but these Buggers, they will come to you if needed. We all know some like to cover there own A's:shades: Something to hide? comes to mind :smile:

Morning All :whistling:

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

One thing is for sure if it is going to happen it will happen, BI, PNP, and NBI reporting, you gotta go to them but these Buggers, they will come to you if needed. We all know some like to cover there own A's:shades: Something to hide? comes to mind :smile:

Morning All :whistling:

 

Exactly.. I read of many being found, arrested, and deported on foreign most wanted warrants here. Lousy deal as it give all of us a bad name. Good they get rid of them!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

One thing is for sure if it is going to happen it will happen, BI, PNP, and NBI reporting, you gotta go to them but these Buggers, they will come to you if needed. We all know some like to cover there own A's:shades: Something to hide? comes to mind :smile:

Morning All :whistling:

 

Jack, what you say about them not wanting to look for you if you don't go looking for them, is I think just about the absolute best situation possible. Unfortunately there is always going to be someone for whom that is not good enough. I got nothing to hide but I think the least intrusion possible works best.:thumbsup: I wouldn't get married just to get the Balikbayan privilege but it's a near thing because it seems the least intrusive possibility.:smile:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All this strikes a chord. My residence permit has just been renewed for another year so I have to go to the neighbourhood police-station to re-register my address. Now I have lived at the same address for over five years and have registered each year plus each time when I have returned from an overseas trip. Each time SWMBO returns I register her. Ditto for visiting friends and relatives.

So I have done this twenty times or more at this one station, the details never change. Today it appears that something is missing from the document pack I have to produce. As a result I need to go to my landlord's office and get copies of everything again. Then return to the cop-shop, before they close. Ah the joy...:bonk:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny thing has happened here also, the night before last the Sub Div Security Guard come to the door and ask me to fill in a form with my particulars for the Barangay records, the guard told me this was a first and that all expats that live in this Sub Div are obliged to fill in the form :89:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2016 at 7:49 PM, Mike S said:

I replied to your concern about your passport info being required .... for me it was not and I guess it was not for Jack ....

 

Edited by Jack Peterson
posted on wrong Post Sorry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

Funny thing has happened here also, the night before last the Sub Div Security Guard come to the door and ask me to fill in a form with my particulars for the Barangay records, the guard told me this was a first and that all expats that live in this Sub Div are obliged to fill in the form :89:

 Hmmmmmm looks like I may have been Right then it will happen:mellow:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
49 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

fill in a form with my particulars

I'm curious what particulars they asked for and if they asked for any documents.  Guards coming up to me and asking to see my papers reminds me of old movies

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm curious what particulars they asked for and if they asked for any documents.  Guards coming up to me and asking to see my papers reminds me of old movies

 

 

Both my wife and I served 7 yrs on the local Brgy Police. I would NEVER comply with giving such information to ANY security guard. Not ever-not for any reason whatsoever. If information is required for a "Brgy ID card" then go to the Brgy Hall and get it. But never give personal information to those not in a LGU or higher :Caught:..

 

Nephi

Edited by Nephi
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...