DILG advises LGUs to register foreign nationals residing in their barangays

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Nephi said:

go to the Brgy Hall and get it. But never give personal information to those not in a LGU or higher 

Exactly what i have been reading, Always go to the Bgy hall

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

haha...my favorite all-time movie.     "I beg of you, Monsieur, watch yourself. Be on guard. This place is full of vultures, vultures everywhere, everywhere."  lol

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

The information given on the form was attached to a letter from the Barangay Hall, how do I know, I went and asked the Sub Div Association President that lives opposite us and he said it was kosher. The guard who is employed here was given the job of going to the houses where expats live and asking them to fill in the form which was basic name and address stuff, maybe one of the reasons this was done is an english guy down from me is in a wheel chair and has problems getting around, maybe the Barangay Hall thinks we are just all old f$rts and was just making it easy for us, who knows and more relevant who cares.I gave the Sub Div more info when they wanted to give me a parking sticker than I did on the form, geez are you guys paranoid or what.

Great movie by the way, have in my top 10 collection.

P.S. I am shocked to find there is gambling going on in here, shocked.

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 3

Nephi
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

The information given on the form was attached to a letter from the Barangay Hall, how do I know, I went and asked the Sub Div Association President that lives opposite us and he said it was kosher. The guard who is employed here was going given the job of going to the houses where expats live and asking them to fill in the form which was basic name and address stuff, maybe one of the reasons this was done is an english guy down from me is in a wheel chair and has problems getting around, maybe the Barangay Hall thinks we are just all old f$rts and was just making it easy for us, who knows and more relevant who cares.I gave the Sub Div more info when they wanted to give me a parking sticker than I did on the form, geez are you guys paranoid or what.

Great movie by the way, have in my top 10 collection.

P.S. I am shocked to find there is gambling going on in here, shocked.

Not paranoid. Just that many years living here and especially service in the Brgy, provides an education and  whole new perspective on life's risks and potential problems. Maybe you're lucky and all will turn out okay down the road. Myself, I'd never provide any personal info to anyone that is not in authority such as the Brgy or the municipal mayor's office. Too risky.

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Nephi said:

Not paranoid. Just that many years living here and especially service in the Brgy, provides an education and  whole new perspective on life's risks and potential problems. Maybe you're lucky and all will turn out okay down the road. Myself, I'd never provide any personal info to anyone that is not in authority such as the Brgy or the municipal mayor's office. Too risky.

As I said the info given was very basic, no documents, if they wanted  more info they could ask the owner of the house we rent that just happens to live opposite us.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Larry45 said:

Hopefully I won't get shot on site

A shot of tequila might be OK

• Like 3

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

A shot of tequila might be OK

That's the right way to read things!

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Corina was living in a gated subdivision in Bulacan and the resident's association wanted me to register with them although I was not a resident but a regular visitor. That seemed OK. 

• Like 2