Nichols Airport Hotel - Manila

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chris49 said:

Never heard of it mate having lived in Saudi, Sri Lanka, Phils since 1981, UK prior to that. Last lived in USA 1977, Australia off and on but did not live there since the 60's.

Its only been out since 2009, but it has grown massively in the last years. I personally dont bother with Uber in Philippines as taxis are cheap and plentiful (i stay awey from Manila). Never had any problems with taxis in Iloilo or Cebu and 99% the time they turn meter on without asking.

In Australia its a big save compared to the overpriced taxis.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, chris49 said:

And having said all that I ran Canberra Taxi for 10 years as absentee owner, usually out on lease, but still never heard of UBER.

Uber is a term from my road biking days, we used to apply it to Ullrich and Norman Stadler, if you ever heard of them. Being Estonian, you probably have.

They probably weren't in business then. The company was started in 2009, but they really only got popular around the world a few years ago.

Not into biking, so had no idea who Normann Stadler was. A quick google and now i know he is a german triathlete ?.

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

UBER in Manila is cash only, no credit card necessary .... maybe this will change in time, but cash only for now has been my experience.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

No Uber drvers in Nth Luzon Chris!