EU referendum

Benington
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Not a chance of the bones , its the real meat with lots veg too, lets all have a cup of tea and wait,

I understand there will be people who will loose out, but this is a vote for the UK and the people who live in the UK, yes one day soon i will not be living here but for now its all i have and i want the best ,

England has change over the years and its for the worst too, was that the fault of Europe or the fault of our government, well we have told our government what we want , it seems the people alone cannot tell Europe but Our government has too,

I'm now hearing about Nexit, Dexit and Auxit. Who's next after Greenland and the UK?. I don't think they will throw us any meat as other countries will also demand the same. The EU leaders will just concentrate on making some concessions to keep it all together - but then they may just prolong the Euro's death throws in its present Europe wide form. Maybe the EU will just regress back to being a customs union with knobs on and a common currency in the centre with a much smaller membership, plus some glorified associate members on the periphery?

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It is going to be the Worlds messiest and Costly Divorce in my Opinion.

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sorry Steve No! I disagree, this was a Vote for All Brits Everywhere, We are all Brits, Give a thought to the people of Gibraltar and the Falklands who may now suffer, They are Brits too. The UK is a selfish Place Governed by selfish People and in this case, Peter Sellers got it Right "I'm alright jack" Sod the rest of you, which is why so many of us chose to Leave but we are still at the mercy of UK behaviour.

Jack I can understand your concerns, but "The UK is a selfish place, Governed by selfish people" a bit harsh :smile:

As one who voted to remain, my only selfish thoughts was the loss of the NHS and the possible reduction of "pension",

( Having worked 51 years and paid UK taxes ) That's what David Cameron threatened "could happen" if we voted to leave.

Time will tell what the future holds for UK, meanwhile of course the English £ pound will suffer till new strategy is in place.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

"The UK is a selfish place, Governed by selfish people" a bit harsh

That makes me wonder.  Do you think the average Brit who voted was voting for what he/she thought was best for the UK or what was best for themselves?  If the latter then selfish is a good word.  If they are truly voting on what they think is best for a Democratic country then it is just a difference of opinion and majority rules.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

As one who voted to remain, my only selfish thoughts was the loss of the NHS and the possible reduction of "pension",

Harsh words  maybe JB But in Reality it means that those who Retired to Europe and Had NI Service (because of Contributions made in the UK) in that country Under EU Rules will now Loose that right and have to pay for Medial Services even though they also paid in full. Yes it is swings and Roundabouts but the swings haves been taken away or they will be.. If you are Already receiving a pension that will not change but if you are not, then things will Change and would have happened whichever way it went.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

It is going to be the Worlds messiest and Costly Divorce in my Opinion.

Remember the Jack in the box, he always bounces back.......don't worry be happy :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

"The UK is a selfish place, Governed by selfish people"

Not actually my words but from a Quote last week by a Euro MP from central Europe.

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That makes me wonder.  Do you think the average Brit who voted was voting for what he/she thought was best for the UK or what was best for themselves?  If the latter then selfish is a good word.  If they are truly voting on what they think is best for a Democratic country then it is just a difference of opinion and majority rules.

Dave,

For my part a bit of both, the NHS is for the good of all, my pension, was what I consider deserving for 51 years of paying taxes, which was threatened by a vote to leave, according to the "Remain Campaign"

There was also the concerns of what was best for our children and grandchildren's future

Part of the argument for leaving, I believe, was people coming to UK who have paid nothing into the system and being entitled to all the benefit's of UK citizens, rightly or wrongly.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Part of the argument for leaving, I believe, was people coming to UK who have paid nothing into the system

Quite Right JB but it will Hurt over 1.2 million+ Who Have

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Harsh words  maybe JB But in Reality it means that those who Retired to Europe and Had NI Service (because of Contributions made in the UK) in that country Under EU Rules will now Loose that right and have to pay for Medial Services even though they also paid in full.

Jack I accept what you are saying and that is why I have told my wife, if we lose the NHS under privatisation, I would leave the UK immediately.

Life is what it is and like most people who didn't choose to leave the EC, Ludy and I will just have to wait and see, respectfully JB

Edited by Kuya John
missed word
  • Like 2