Shaming Abersons Cabanatuan

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

I have found good way to get to a problem fixed here in Philipppines is to resort to public shaming on FB.  Back in March, we bought 2 aircon units from Abersons at Robinson's mall in Cabanatuan.  These were their top of line Carrier X-Gold aircon units (most expensive too).  The 2.5 HP unit downstairs works great in economy setting, it's like walking into a freezer unit.

At first the 2.0 HP unit worked great in March (summer month) in cooling the upstairs master bedroom.  However, since the end of may, the indoor temperature with aircon running 24hr/day at maximum setting doesn't even lower air temp below 35C until maybe at sunrise it reaches 28C.

I contacted Abersons couple of weeks ago to have repair person come check it out, but no one has showed up yet.  I have a 3 week old newborn and so this is a critical issue.  My solution was to post on FB to my Barangay's FB page about my plight and tell them not to patronize Abersons at Robinson mall if they expect good service.

So I resort to the public shaming to give them a chance to save face and fix the problem.  Anyone else here in the forum run into similar situation?  Normally, I'd be more flexible, but I have a 3 week old newborn baby.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

At first the 2.0 HP unit worked great in March (summer month) in cooling the upstairs master bedroom.  However, since the end of may, the indoor temperature with aircon running 24hr/day at maximum setting doesn't even lower air temp below 35C until maybe at sunrise it reaches 28C.

My aircon is similar during the months of May and June.  There is no insulation in the roof or ceiling so during the hottest and sunniest months the ceiling and concrete walls radiate more heat than the air conditioner can handle.  The other 10 months of the year are fine from Sundown until about 10 am. If its your own house, and its a major issue for you, I'd suggest getting a roofing contractor to create more ventilation into the attic space and/or to install a radiation barrier under the metal roof.

• Like 4

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

Does it comes with a warranty? is it still covered? go to their customers service personally. if its not going to work... threat them to report in DTI.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, frozenmystic28 said:

Does it comes with a warranty? is it still covered? go to their customers service personally. if its not going to work... threat them to report in DTI.

That is Working More and More of Late :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, ITGeek said:

Does the air feel cold coming from the unit? If it is than the problem is more to do with room size and as Dave said. 

• Like 2

ITGeek
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My aircon is similar during the months of May and June.  There is no insulation in the roof or ceiling so during the hottest and sunniest months the ceiling and concrete walls radiate more heat than the air conditioner can handle.  The other 10 months of the year are fine from Sundown until about 10 am. If its your own house, and its a major issue for you, I'd suggest getting a roofing contractor to create more ventilation into the attic space and/or to install a radiation barrier under the metal roof.

I'll ask the builder to do this for me.  Since they already had to fix a leak in the roof.  Plus they have a facade 3rd floor window that allows sunlight into the attic and will get them to cover them up.  The builder owes me one for the delay in fixing (still leaks during storms) the roof and add the insulation and cover those facade windows.  Of course I'll be willing to pay for materials, just not the labor ;)

Thanks for the info!  I realize the typical Filipino homes have tin roofs like my asawa's family, but this is an upscale neighborhood and should expect higher quality work for price I paid for the house.

It is a typical A-frame house with composite roofing by I don't know what lies beneath it. :89: 

Edited by ITGeek
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

This may seem a silly Question to you but, Do you Burn mosquito rings in that Area?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

This may seem a silly Question to you but, Do you Burn mosquito rings in that Area?

I'm waiting anxiously for the full story on this one!  

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm waiting anxiously for the full story on this one!  

Yes, so am I, then I can tell the OP why I ask the Question.:smile:

Jack:shades:

Morning All :morning1:

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Mozzies get stoned and fly into air con?  Just guessing.

• Like 2