Shaming Abersons Cabanatuan

chris49
Posted
Posted
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:49 PM, ITGeek said:

So I resort to the public shaming to give them a chance to save face and fix the problem.  Anyone else here in the forum run into similar situation?  Normally, I'd be more flexible, but I have a 3 week old newborn baby.

No. That will not help the situation.

Abenson's isn't it, not Aberson's?

Your problem is with Carrier not Abenson's. Although definitely they should have responded, I imagine they would refer the problem to Carrier.

Find a way to email Carrier and I am sure they will respond.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, chris49 said:

Your problem is with Carrier not Abenson's. Although definitely they should have responded, I imagine they would refer the problem to Carrier.

If you can find the official Carrier Repair/Service Company, they will upon seeing the OR raise a claim for you. at least that is my experience with Germania (for The Cooker) and Devant (For the TV)

• Like 2

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
On 6/25/2016 at 3:39 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

My aircon is similar during the months of May and June.  There is no insulation in the roof or ceiling so during the hottest and sunniest months the ceiling and concrete walls radiate more heat than the air conditioner can handle.  The other 10 months of the year are fine from Sundown until about 10 am. If its your own house, and its a major issue for you, I'd suggest getting a roofing contractor to create more ventilation into the attic space and/or to install a radiation barrier under the metal roof.

I think Dave is right and has the best solution.  I noticed the aircon works finel while its heavy cloud cover or rainy, not to mention at night.  I will contact the builder and see if they can block the facade windows located on the north facing side of the attic.  In addition, see if they can install some type of insulation while they fix the slow leak in the roof.  

They attempted to fix roof leak several weeks ago, but everytime it rains, I can still hear the "drip, drip" in the master bathroom.  While there are no longer any visible signs of water coming through the ceiling drywall, I dread the damage that may have occurred.   They definately need to replace the drywall in master bathroom.  In addition, there are visible water stains in the master bedroom ceiling.  I think that only requires some paint, as I never had visible water dripping through it.

The builder has been aware of this for weeks, but has yet to do anything about it.  I usually have my bunso deal with the builder so it is Filipino to Filipino, not some foreigner complaining.  Like they say, you can trap more flies with honey than vinegar -

Thanks all for your suggestions, I think now I have a plan of action.  I know this is best place to get advice for a newbie foreigner like myself :smile:  That's why I appreciate this forum.  If I'm ever in Dumaguete or Cebu areas, I'll owe you all a round of beer!

BTW - My daughters school was cancelled today due to tropical depression.  Hopefully not too much rain, I have visions of any heavy downpours causing the ceiling to collapse with any buildup of water. :mocking:  

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

If it is a window type unit, it is helpful to put some shade over it or insulate the unit itself. I'm reasonably certain that some company there makes window awnings or I would at least put some of that silver thermal barrier insulation on the unit where it will block the sun but not airflow.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

From the description in the opening post they are most likely split unit inverter types but Robert;s advice is still good. I notice my split aircon works better when the outside unit is shaded. Not a lot better but it does seem to get cooler. The installer said it makes no difference so this could just be my imagination.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The installer said it makes no difference so this could just be my imagination.

The installer's recollection of physics was "out of stock" when he told you that. hahaha

Ever notice when driving your car on a hot day, the aircon suddenly gets colder when going from a sunny road to a shaded stretch? Ever notice when you want to cool off (release heat like the aircon unit) a breeze (fan) is more comfortable (more effective) in the shade than in direct sunlight?...

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

The installer's recollection of physics was "out of stock" when he told you that. hahaha

Ever notice when driving your car on a hot day, the aircon suddenly gets colder when going from a sunny road to a shaded stretch? Ever notice when you want to cool off (release heat like the aircon unit) a breeze (fan) is more comfortable (more effective) in the shade than in direct sunlight?...

That answers Why My Installer put our outside units high up Under the roof overhang Literally where the sun never shines.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Literally where the sun never shines.

So let me understand this, because you set this up.  You are saying that your air con installer told you to stick your air con where the sun don't shine and you said smiled and said thank you?  :hystery:

OK, your post was just begging for that humor, but in truth he did a good job and your air con works great.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So let me understand this, because you set this up.  You are saying that your air con installer told you to stick your air con where the sun don't shine and you said smiled and said thank you?  :hystery:

OK, your post was just begging for that humor, but in truth he did a good job and your air con works great.

Jack made a boo boo with that statement didn`t he.

I was in construction for many years and it is just as important to insulate a house in a hot country as it is in a cold country.They have solid walls here which retain heat for many hours and the sun beating down on the roof will make an AC unit seem useless. As Dave said get more airflow in the loft and insulate it this will help a great deal. Good luck with trying to get the contractor to work for nothing even if you do still have leaks in the roof.Maybe it`s time to look for a new contractor.

• Like 2

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Good news to report.  According to the aircon technician, it turns out was the aircon installers fault.  Just as I suspected, a fitting didn't get tightened correctly and the coolant had slowly leaked out.

The aircon tech re-tightened the connection, added more coolant and now it's as cold as a freezer up here, even during bright sunlight!

:thumbsup:

• Like 5