Flight from US to Cebu

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

No other flights to or from other countries even mentioned my carry on. 

Over 30+ years of International travel and this is the first I have ever heard of Weighing carry on luggage, they know who is taking the p...s. Another lets get rich quick thing methinks

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Over 30+ years of International travel and this is the first I have ever heard of Weighing carry on luggage, they know who is taking the p...s.

I have had my carry on weighed about 1 out of 3 times during the many times I have traveled Cebu Pacific between Hong Kong and Cebu.  It seems to depend on the mood of the check-in clerk.  On rare occasions I have also been asked to put my carry on into the metal cage that says:  Your carry on must be smaller than this.

Carry On.jpg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

On rare occasions I have also been asked to put my carry on into the metal cage that says:  Your carry on must be smaller than this.

Yes they do that in Europe but never weighed as part of your Checked in Luggage

robert k
Posted
Posted

I'm not overly worried about the weight even though I'm going to bring some tools next time. Generally my luggage isn't going to be any heaver than I can carry if necessary with my bad back (walking the plank to get on a fast craft). I do need to find some luggage with bigger wheels for when I can drag it.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Here in Toronto, there are times when our carry-on gets weighed, and at times, not.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

It depends where you are flying from from what I can see, but I have had it weighed in Bangkok, Australia and Singapore.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Only time i have had mine weight was in Tokyo when i flew with Peach Airlines to Osaka. They weighed everyones hand luggage just before security check. I knew i was carrying about 3-4kg more then i was allowed. Opened up my backpack and put the long pants+hoodie on (in the middle of summer) and stuffed my pockets full of stuff. Weighing was ok. When i got into the security check and started taking all the stuff out of my pockets.... The security guys started laughting at me and asked "to much luggage sir?" ??.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I like that Matrix link!:thumbsup:

My wife has a close friend who is a ticket agent but knowing more or less the best day to depart is helpful.

I've had hand carry luggage checked a few times so am careful and take a second small computer case with junk in it too avoid the fines.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 6/26/2016 at 11:16 PM, Gator said:

Another good tip is if your dates are flexible then use Google's ITA Matrix monthly calendar to find your flight

That was a good tip.  I used the site and I may be able to save 1/3 over the best price I can find by searching online myself.  I wonder though, does that matrix include the airlines that do not allow bookings through travel agents, such as Southwest Airlines in the US and Cebu Pacific in Philippines?

Well worth checking it out thought.  Thanks for the tip.