Marraige Info What do i need to know?

DannyBoy
Posted
Posted

Hey guys , im a relative young guy with a pinay partner that is very keen for me to marry her  , i am not sure on what are the implications etc  any help would be appreciated cheers

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

Hi Danny, are you equally keen on marrying her?

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

There plenty of topics on here which you should look at.

This is what I had to do as a brit so some of it may apply to you.

My experience of going through the marriage process to a Filipina in the PhilippinesIN CEBU CITY
What you will need
YOU NEED TO GET AT LEAST 2 COPIES OF EACH ITEM.
YOU NEED TO KEEP ALL RECEIPTS.
FOR PEOPLE WITH BRITISH PASSPORTS.
YOU NEED COPIES OF:
THE PHOTO PAGE.
THE CONTACT PAGE,FOR YOUR NEXT OF KIN ETC.
.THE VERY FIRST PAGE,THE ONE WITH THE CREST ON It
THE PAGE WITH THE LAST ENTRY STAMP INTO THE PHILIPPINES ON IT TO SHOW YOU HAVE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN 14 DAYS.

1 CENOMAR= CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE IN THE PHILIPPINES.FOR BOTH OF YOU. FROM NSO IN PERSON OR ONLINE AT www.e-census.ph.YOU CAN ALSO GET OTHER CERTIFICATES ON HERE MARRIAGE,BIRTH,DEATH.IF YOU NEED A CERTIFICATE CHECK IT OUT.
3 ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR RECENT CERTIFIED COPY FOR BOTH OF YOU.
4 DIVORCE CERTIFICATE OR PAPERS FOR BOTH IF APPLICABLE.
5 PASSPORT FOR THE FOREIGNER ID CARD FOR THE FILIPINA

I HAD TO DO NUMBERS 1-5 BEFORE I COULD GET THE CNI
6 CNI= CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY.ONLY THE FOREIGNER, CONTACT  YOUR EMBASSY/CONSULATE. OR BRING ONE FROM YOUR OWN COUNTRY
7 MARRIAGE GUIDANCE AND FAMILY PLANNING CERTIFICATES. FROM CEBU CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT COST P100. YOU NEED TO BOOK THIS AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU A COPY OF THE ATTACHMENT I HAVE OUT HERE.
7A I HAVE PUT AN ATTACHMENT WHICH YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW TO APPLY FOR THE LICENCE. THE 2 THINGS WE HAD TO GET WAS A CEDULA  P46.20 FROM CITY HALL BY MAGELLAN`S CROSS AND BARANGAY CLEARANCE TO MARRY P50 FROM YOUR LOCAL BARANGAY HALL.
8 LICENCE TO GET MARRIED FROM CEBU CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT I HAD TO GET MINE HERE I TRIED TO GET IT ELSEWHERE BUT WAS TOLD NO CAN DO. COST P100 + p1000 for the forms to be verified. AND P50 TO PAY THE WOMAN WHO GIVES YOU THE RECEIPT TO PICK UP YOUR LICENCE. THEY KEPT MY GIRLFRIENDS BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND WOULD NOT LET US HAVE IT BACK. I WAS TOLD THEY ALWAYS KEEP IT SO JUST BE AWARE OF THAT. YOU PICK UP YOUR LICENCE 10 DAYS AFTER IT HAS BEEN POSTED ON THE NOTICE BOARD.( WHEN YOU GO FOR MARRIAGE GUIDANCE ON THE APPLICATION WILL BE POSTED ON THE BOARD THE NEXT DAY FOR 10 DAYS. THE DAY AFTER 10 DAYS IS UP YOU CAN COLLECT THE LICENCE)
9 IT`S UP TO YOU WHERE YOU GET MARRIED. I HAVE BEEN TOLD ONCE YOU HAVE THE LICENCE YOU CAN GET MARRIED ANYWHERE IN THE PHILLS.

WHEN YOU ORDER YOUR CENOMAR ONLINE YOU WILL GET AN EMAIL FROM THE NSO/ E-CENSUS.
YOU HAVE TO PRINT 2 COPIES OF THIS . I TOOK MINE TO THE BDO BANK TO MAKE THE PAYMENT. JUST A SMALL PAYMENT FORM TO FILL IN AND PAY OVER THE COUNTER. WHEN I PAYED FOR MINE IT WAS P415 FOR EACH COPY.

CNI,THIS COST ME P9360. FROM THE BRITISH CONSULATE IN CEBU CITY.@Moya.jackson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk TELEPHONE 032 2389055. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT VERY CLEAR IN THE INFORMATION IT PROVIDES AND RULES ARE CHANGING ALL THE TIME.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

Hey guys , im a relative young guy with a pinay partner that is very keen for me to marry her  , i am not sure on what are the implications etc  any help would be appreciated cheers

Welcome.jpg Danny boy but today, you have asked THAT question? I know that you will get many varied Answers and as much help as you can but be careful of what you ask for and what you propose,marriage, Ball & Chain..jpg Sorry mate but after the Last few weeks my sense of Humour is waking up again.

For us Oldies it can mean this when it is time to go Shopping or just out. andy_capp.gif

Of Course I am pulling your leg here but you will find some more answers coming Soon I feel it We really can be a mad house at times.

All in good Fun though

• Like 4

DannyBoy
Posted
Posted

I don't really mind , its more about the implications in Australia  shes a lovely girl

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, DannyBoy said:

I don't really mind , its more about the implications in Australia  shes a lovely girl

What implications?

So I take it, the plan is to marry her and eventually or ASAP take her to Australia.

The all in cost of that would be roughly $10,000 AUD, factoring the immigration fee, interviews, medicals, her ticket, obtaining a Philippines Passport if she doesn't already have one. And presumably you are employed (not on disability, newstart etc) and can show means of support. And how about the cost of the marriage and the requirements and your own support along the way. And then you would at least have to guide her through the initial process at the embassy.

The implications as I see it are the cost of processing. And how you will support her in Australia, if she is sitting home while you are working. There have been many miserable lonely girls in that situation and the outcomes are not all good.

EDIT: Na talaga!!! I just read the Embassy Visa Fee sched and wow. I can't believe it has gone up again to over $6000 AUD for processing.

So that's an implication right there.

Edited by chris49

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, DannyBoy said:

im a relative young guy with a pinay partner that is very keen for me to marry her  , i am not sure on what are the implications

Australians seem to be like Canadians in that we think living together is as good as marriage.  Pinays often feel insecure with that so marrying her is the right thing to do.  I can think of a few relationships where the pinay left the foreign man after a year or so because they did not feel marriage was coming.  I can think of more than one relationship where the pinay screwed around because (she said) she did not feel like the guy was 'serious' because he did not marry her.

Other than that, you can own a condominium if you are not married, but if you are married and then buy one then she owns half of it.  On the other hand you can never own a house here, married or not, although the wife will placate you by telling you its yours.  But thats controversial stuff and not your concern if you are taking her back to Australia.

Lots of guys with money manage to get their wives/partners back to Australia while guys who are not rich seem to have a great deal of trouble doing the same thing.  Best of luck to ya.

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

Yeah Dave. As in all cases it's the guy who picks up the bills. Mostly because we think it's worth it.

Danny Boy here did ask for the implications, which are plenty.

But ok let's have some more details. If, for example, anyone was marrying a graduate nurse, board passer, or a teacher, I would not hesitate to say go for it. In other cases caution is advised, but not sure if our advice is heeded.

• Like 3

DannyBoy
Posted
Posted

the age gap is 12 months , im 26 id say decent looking and 6'3 if that matters ,she has a  Bs in physiology , i don't wanna really bring her back straight away , its more the security aspect isn't it for her.. like to be certain im not ?????? around etc..

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

The issue here I think is love and how much time you can be together. Clearly a bit limited if you are working.

I would say this. From an Embassy/Immigration standpoint, the longer the marriage the more favorable the process is on your side. If you did have kids they would be assured of Aussie Citizenship, Out of wedlock kids are also eligible, but the process is much stricter.

A well raised Filipina is inherently loyal and loving. I would bank on that 100%. Lower class girls, less privileged are ok too, but a higher education is a good indicator.

I wonder if your gf could obtain some additional qualifications? That would be a better investment than dumping all your money into immigration right now. Then you have to fully support her in Australia.

Where does your girl live? What Uni did she graduate from? Is she currently working? Lives with parents?

• Like 1