Marraige Info What do i need to know?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My goodness what an odd perception some hold about Women, I don't hold with this Class thing sorry, We marry our ladies because of Love and commitment ( or it should be) we don't marry a piece of paper that says I learned this or that , of which I might add, seems pretty useless in the real world. A well raised Filipino does not have to come from any Class at all just to be well brought up and I know Plenty of Well Educated Young ladies that actually spurn us Foreigners because of this education. So if a Foreigner really wanted to marry one of these  So called Higher Class people they may well wait a very long time, they don't need a Crutch Ladies from the provinces have as much if not more character, love and commitment as any others.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

You have not addressed the original question Jack. Which was along the lines of, "What are the implications of bringing my wife to Australia" paraphrased. Then we attempted to find more details from Danny, which he provided.

We gave him some advice. But you initially made a joke, now you are making comment on my reply.

What is your advice to Dannyboy?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DannyBoy said:

Hey guys , im a relative young guy with a pinay partner that is very keen for me to marry her  , i am not sure on what are the implications etc  any help would be appreciated cheers

Chris this was the opening post and was a question at the time and was too funny to miss. His later Statement about implications in Australia you have addressed but my answer to your post is against this class thing Which to me matters not. Had he have been wanting to go to the UK I and other could have put a point of view, that point of view would have been the Education gained here would not have been good enough.

My main thing here is you make it sound like he should hold Interviews for a wife. If he loves the girl then marry her if he don't then stay Single, Class is again getting in the way of the real world.

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling and grammar mistakes
  • Like 1

DannyBoy
Posted
Posted

I do not care about classes or any of that perception , i was looking for advice and or information i appreciate all the help thanks heaps   

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

By the way Danny, if I have not already done so, welcome to the forum. 

You are young and have a different outlook than many of us here on this forum.  I could say 'don't do it' which I just have, but you will not listen to that, it is not what you want to hear.  At your age, I was much the same.

If you decide to take her back to Australia, her qualifications will not be recognised and she will have to undertake additional studies to be qualified there.  Something more to consider.

At your age, I assume you have a good job in Oz, so the time is not right for you to be moving to Philippines I would suspect - unless you are an offshore worker.  I assume she speaks good English?

There are traps for you both whether you are both in Oz, or she is in Phils, or you are sometimes in Phils.  Loneliness and dispair can bring down a relationship very quickly. I won't expand but I am sure you understand where I am going there.

Long term, in your working life, you have little option other than to take her to Oz at the first available opportunity. IMO.

But try and see how it pans out for awhile first.  Good luck.

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Chris this was the opening post and was a question at the time was too funny to miss. His later Statement about implications in Australia you have addressed but my answer to your post is against this class thing Which to me matters not. Had he have been wanting to go to the UK I and other could have put a point of view, that point of view would have been the Education gained here would not have been good enough.

My main thing here is you make it sound like he should hold Interviews for a wife. If he loves the girl then marry her if he don't then stay Single, Class is again getting in the way of the real world.

Well as he did ask for the implications of bringing a 26 yo wife to Australia.

Now, none of us are in that boat.  But I thought a better educated girl, and his gf does have a degree might do better in Australia.  I didn't say class, but I did say well raised. The point I missed, although I did make some concession to poorer girls, was that poorer girls, lower class if you will, could also be well raised. I will state that now. And apologize for the innuendo in my comments. As you well know my own wife is a simple HS graduate from the province.

Australia does have programs for foreign graduate nurses, teachers and other professions, so I thought that would be a good entry after immigration.

I did recommend him to marry her but I also addressed his question on the implications. It is hard to know beyond that. If he's a young guy getting help from his family eg in support of this relationship, that could go a long way.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The OP might be better off considering a Fiancee visa to marry her in Australia then if the case was to be in the future that she wanted a divorce she can do so without the problems of marrying in the Philippines. 

• Like 3

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The OP might be better off considering a Fiancee visa to marry her in Australia then if the case was to be in the future that she wanted a divorce she can do so without the problems of marrying in the Philippines. 

Without knowing how things work in Australia, this sounds like a sensible advice. Danny get to offer a proper married relation with to his trusting girl, one that probably can find herself a career in OZ and still not burn the earth in Phils would things turn sour. Leaves a lot of room for real love to bloom freely.

Edited by MikeSwede
  • Like 3

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Fiance visas are quite hard to get for Australia. Australia has very strick immigration laws and you will need quite alot of paperwork to prove that your relationship is real. You cant just meet someone online and get them a visa.

I would get her a turist visa and have her fly to Australia for 1-3 months to spend time with you. One idea would be to get married (or register a relatsionship - tho i think only some states allow that) in Australia. The more proof you have of time spent together, of time spent talking online etc etc, the easier the visa is going to be.

Sure the immigration fee is alot of money (if your going to use an agent, then its going to be around 10k aud), but Australia is one of the best countries to earn money. Casual basis random jobs will pay you over 20aud an hour. Shes better of taking the courses when shes in Australia, because Aussis dont like to recognise foreign diplomas and licenses... The investment into a visa will be earned back quite quick.

Edited by Sander Martin

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

Fiance visas are quite hard to get for Australia. Australia has very strick immigration laws and you will need quite alot of paperwork to prove that your relationship is real. You cant just meet someone online and get them a visa.

I would get her a turist visa and have her fly to Australia for 1-3 months to spend time with you. One idea would be to get married (or register a relatsionship - tho i think only some states allow that) in Australia. The more proof you have of time spent together, of time spent talking online etc etc, the easier the visa is going to be.

Sure the immigration fee is alot of money (if your going to use an agent, then its going to be around 10k aud), but Australia is one of the best countries to earn money. Casual basis random jobs will pay you over 20aud an hour. Shes better of taking the courses when shes in Australia, because Aussis dont like to recognise foreign diplomas and licenses... The investment into a visa will be earned back quite quick.

Strange you know a lot about Australia? But no you're incorrect in some ways. It is now AUD 6,865.00 just for application fee for wife only and if kids more and that is estimated for a partner visa but there are other costs such as medical, flight etc so it adds up and yes more so if you use an agent. Just to note a fiancee visa is the same cost.

Generally speaking it's not that hard with a fiancee visa or known as prospective partner visa as its the same with any visa you need proof of the circumstances. From sources I know it's easier to get a tourist visa now than it used to be as at one time it was almost impossible for a Filipino to get one.

No you can not get married on a tourist visa and then apply. 

Register a relationship? never heard of it. 

Aussies do recognize most foreign diplomas issued in a first world country but the Philippines is not there yet. :thumbsup:

The cost of living is high here so the over $20 bucks an hour does not go far.