Marraige Info What do i need to know?

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

I lived in Australia for two years. Sure the cost of living is high, but at even the low end 20aud an hour, you can still live a very comfy life.

I had quite a few friends or people i knew, that arrived to Australia on Working holiday visas, found love and lived with their partner as long as their working holiday visa allowed. When the visa was about to run out, they had to apply for a partnership visa. Most of those people had lived together for 6-18months. They had joint bank accounts, bills etc etc and you wouldn't belive how much more proof immigratsion wanted. They all got their visas in the end, but it was alot of paperwork. Imagine doing the same paperwork if you have never lived together and when you dont have the proof.

If you add up all the costs, then you will be looking at atleast 8k aud now. Add a good immigration agent and the cost will go up to that 10k range. Yes you can go thru the visa process without an agent, but it might ba hard if you dont have the time.

What i was trying to say is that he cant just find a Filipina online and get her the visa to move into Australia. Immigratsion laws are very strict and you have to have alot of paperwork ready to prove that your relatsionship is genuine. He didn't really provide us any back story to give a proper reply....

Its not illegal to get married on on a Tourist visa. Also Civil partnerships for example are legal in Qld. You don't even need to get married as De Facto relationships are also recognised. 

Even the diplomas issued in most European countries arent accepted right awey. You need to go thru a process to get them accepted. Time and money. Licenses etc from home are all quite pointless as you need to get new ones in Australia - do the courses. Drivers license is the the only easy one that you can swap over (and only if you are atleast a certain age and the license is from a certain small list of countries).

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

About the married on tourist visa:

Its not illegal. Its illegal if thats the only reason for you to enter as a tourist. You can arrive to Australia, spend time with your fiance and then "out of the blue" decide to get married. Plenty of people have done it. Just google and you will see. The only problem you might run into would be the fact if the tourist visa has a no further stay condition. With that condition you would not be able to apply for a new visa while in Australia. The condition isn't on all tourist visas tho. My fiance visitied me in Australia for 3 months and she didnt have that condition.

One of my mates had to do it. He was together with hes Aussi girlfriend for 1.5 years (on a Working Holiday visa) and they were just getting all the paperwork ready to apply for a De Facto visa. He's mom got suddenly very sick and he had to fly to Estonia for a month (he ended up burying his mom). He's working holiday visa was done by the time he ended up coming back, so he came as a tourist. They decided to get married to show how commited they were in their relatsionship. No problems with tourist visa. He showed me the piles of paperwork it took them to get the visa. All kinds of proof that they had been in a relationship for 1.5 years (bills for the house, holiday tickets and pictures, reference letters from friends/family/landlord etc etc etc). The visa process took them almost a year even with the huge pile of proof that they had.

bows00
Posted
Posted

If she is a typical Filipina, make sure you also take into account that you may be marrying her family as well.  There are lots of information on this site for you to explore. 

Personally, I feel like it's a waste to see a young foreign guy getting married before he got to taste the waters there (very target rich for you).  But I wish you the best and keep us informed along your new ventures.     

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:22 PM, bows00 said:

If she is a typical Filipina, make sure you also take into account that you may be marrying her family as well.  There are lots of information on this site for you to explore. 

Personally, I feel like it's a waste to see a young foreign guy getting married before he got to taste the waters there (very target rich for you).  But I wish you the best and keep us informed along your new ventures.     

He did not ask for that.

Danny is 26, he wants to get married.  He would have 4 weeks a year maximum vacation. It's not like us retirees having a 2-3 or 6 month stay.

I would not like to deter him.

The implications he talked about earlier, are bringing a young wife to Australia and supporting her. That's what it boils down to and it's been quite well covered.

Since the Philippines educational quals will be questioned, in keeping with the above replies, the girl could do a TAFE course in a field which guarantees employment. Cert 3 Aged Caregiver for example.

• Like 4