I've fallen and I can't get up!

Reboot
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2016 at 11:15 PM, northtoalaska said:

You didn't mention the age of your kids. Few filipinas are very accepting of kids from a prior wife. Depending on their ages you should be very careful with the step-mom situation.

Indeed that is something that I have a close eye on. But she seems to have the makings of a fine stepmother. Earlier today I told her that if only stayed for a month, I might try to make it back for Christmas. "But what about your kids don't you want to spend Christmas with them?"

To be quite honest, I am not getting many, if any, red flags from this woman. It's hard to believe, actually. All the others I have taken the time to talk to have thrown up at least one or two. Not necessarily insurmountable ones, but plainly red flags. Even the nicest ones have stuff like high drama potential, daddy issues, and so on...things that you pick up on once you talk to them for long enough.

I hope to visit in a couple of months and see how well this holds up...but the more I speak with this woman, the more I appreciate her. She really does seem to be something very special. 

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Reboot said:

I hope to visit in a couple of months and see how well this holds up...but the more I speak with this woman, the more I appreciate her. She really does seem to be something very special. 

More power to ya Reboot!  Proceed with caution but be prepare to conduct a reboot whenever necessary.

Edited by Jake
spel chek
  • Like 5

Reboot
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My personal experience is that the more "in love" I fall, the fewer red flags I recognize.  This may or may not be the same for you.  When I am deep enough "in love" (hypnotized LOL) then nothing anyone else says will open my eyes to red flags.

Once you reach this point you are committed to the roller coaster ride so hang on and enjoy the ride.  Best of luck to you.  It may encourage you to know that most roller coasters don't  :crashh: so hold on tight and give this thread a :hello: from time to time to tell us how it worked for you.  There have been members over the years who tune in to give the glowing reports in the beginning and then never come back to tell us how it turned out, except to casually say:  Oh, I forgot to tell you all I have a new girl now.  Remember to feel welcome here whatever happens.

Well in that case, wish me at least a good and entertaining ride! LOL. 

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My personal experience is that the more "in love" I fall, the fewer red flags I recognize.  This may or may not be the same for you.  When I am deep enough "in love" (hypnotized LOL) then nothing anyone else says will open my eyes to red flags.

Once you reach this point you are committed to the roller coaster ride so hang on and enjoy the ride.  Best of luck to you.  It may encourage you to know that most roller coasters don't  :crashh: so hold on tight and give this thread a :hello: from time to time to tell us how it worked for you.  There have been members over the years who tune in to give the glowing reports in the beginning and then never come back to tell us how it turned out, except to casually say:  Oh, I forgot to tell you all I have a new girl now.  Remember to feel welcome here whatever happens.

After 3 years and 10 months of telling everyone how much i am in love , i am still here and i am still in love :smile:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

i was like you...  deeply in love and wanted to be with her...  unfortunately it didn't work out that way...  would you believe we are still friends?  hehe!

i do see some serious problems though...  first is where she lives...  even if it doesn't work out?  it's so beautiful there you might never leave...  the other problem?  the way you describe her?  you may never leave...  so what's the problem?  no immigration office there...  road trip...!!!  hehe!  if those are your only problems?  a lot of guys are gonna be soooo jealous..!!!

:mocking:

• Like 4

bows00
Posted
Posted

I am routing for you.  Keep us updated on what happens - and better yet, post some pics!  And I hope you will have the discipline of not turning your head whenever an attractive Filipina walks by because I hear Davao is a very target rich environment.  I have a single swinging friend whose a bit older than you and loves it there.   

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, i am bob said:

i was like you...  deeply in love and wanted to be with her...  unfortunately it didn't work out that way...  would you believe we are still friends?  hehe!

i do see some serious problems though...  first is where she lives...  even if it doesn't work out?  it's so beautiful there you might never leave...  the other problem?  the way you describe her?  you may never leave...  so what's the problem?  no immigration office there...  road trip...!!!  hehe!  if those are your only problems?  a lot of guys are gonna be soooo jealous..!!!

:mocking:

1 hour ago, bows00 said:

I am routing for you.  Keep us updated on what happens - and better yet, post some pics!  And I hope you will have the discipline of not turning your head whenever an attractive Filipina walks by because I hear Davao is a very target rich environment.  I have a single swinging friend whose a bit older than you and loves it there.   

You guys are making me laugh! It still is looking good for September. Got my divorce papers yesterday. I'm looking at visiting a few of the more beautiful parts of the country right now, at least initially. Puerto Princesa/El Nido look real good. I'll start looking at booking things in a couple of weeks. My sweet "Skype girlfriend" and I will hopefully have a real nice time getting to know each other in person. She's going to fly to Manila to meet me when I land...apparently she wants to get there first to greet me at the airport.

And yeah....I might not want to come back. Haha.

• Like 3