I've fallen and I can't get up!

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Regarding Manila...I guess Makati is the way to go for a night or two? Nice accommodations, if a bit expensive by PH standards. Plus the Greenbelt mall is there and going to a mall seems to be the thing to do in this country. I hear lots of things to do there and it's a clean part of town.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Reboot said:

Regarding Manila...I guess Makati is the way to go for a night or two? Nice accommodations, if a bit expensive by PH standards. Plus the Greenbelt mall is there and going to a mall seems to be the thing to do in this country. I hear lots of things to do there and it's a clean part of town.

You are correct. The malls, especially Mall of Asia are popular in Manila and the rest of the country. Mall of Asia has an ice skating rink where people can watch or skate. A walk outside the mall along Manila Bay can be romantic at night with your Pinay. 

I like Fort Santiago. First the guided tour on a horse and buggy with it's history being explained by a knowledgeable tour guide. Next time go without the guide and enjoy the places longer. I enjoyed Intramuros. 

One more tip. Do not take a taxi unless you absolutely have to. Many hotels provide shuttles to places. 

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

You are correct. The malls, especially Mall of Asia are popular in Manila and the rest of the country. Mall of Asia has an ice skating rink where people can watch or skate. A walk outside the mall along Manila Bay can be romantic at night with your Pinay. 

I like Fort Santiago. First the guided tour on a horse and buggy with it's history being explained by a knowledgeable tour guide. Next time go without the guide and enjoy the places longer. I enjoyed Intramuros. 

One more tip. Do not take a taxi unless you absolutely have to. Many hotels provide shuttles to places. 

Thanks. Still working on a place to stay. Was looking at AirBNB.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Reboot said:

"I love you baby ko." What a sweet girl. 

I got one like that too.  I get the same response when I spend money on her.  Of course the longer we are together the more I have to spend to get that response :hystery: 

Sorry, just my attempt at humor.  I wish you all the best and I am sure it will go well.  She does indeed sound like a sweet girl.

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I got one like that too.  I get the same response when I spend money on her.  Of course the longer we are together the more I have to spend to get that response :hystery: 

Sorry, just my attempt at humor.  I wish you all the best and I am sure it will go well.  She does indeed sound like a sweet girl.

I can see the cynicism isn't in short supply around here...LOL! :mocking:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I can see the cynicism isn't in short supply around here...LOL!

I gotta tell ya, its women all over who cause cynicism in men.  Can't live with 'em.  Can't live without 'em.  Since there are no perfect ones, (unlike us men :hystery: ), we find the best we can and learn to compromise.

• Like 5

Reboot
Posted
Posted

So I got a place in Makati for 3 nights. About 10 minutes from Greenbelt by foot. Looks like my first meal in-country will be home cooked. :SugarwareZ-047:

• Like 1

Domino22
Posted
Posted
On June 28, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

When you put it that way, I'd say yes; But reading the rest of your post makes you seem quite level headed.  You are right, there are some good girls who go to dating sites to find foreign husbands.  There are also many who have more devious plans and make a career out of searching the dating sites for lonely men.  They are extremely good at what they do.

No way to tell which you have until you spend a lot of 'boots on the ground' time together.  So long as you don't go to meet her with your judgement clouded by the 'spell of love' she is putting on you then you should be fine.

Before I came to Philippines I was "in love" with 2 different filipinas, (not at the same time), that I met online.  One was through a dating site and one was a referral from a friend.  It was crazy to think the person I was "in love" with felt the same as I did.  But it was a real good starting point.

Stay away from the net. Face to face only. And even then you may be a victim. If a Filipina works the net for a living she can have several guy's at one time sending $$. Her problem is if these guy's arrive at the same time in the PI? She could be bringing in $1,500 dollars a month thru her scam. And I would love this gig 1-2 hours a day. They know you have more money than they do so it is simple, get yours.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Just read and reread the entire post.

I can assure you I speak with a voice of experience.

Anytime you hear the words "this girl is the exception", you are looking at your first problem. "This girl never asks for money", is the second problem.

I will leave it there.

And Reboot, you too Domino, good luck in your endevoures.

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, chris49 said:

Just read and reread the entire post.

I can assure you I speak with a voice of experience.

Anytime you hear the words "this girl is the exception", you are looking at your first problem. "This girl never asks for money", is the second problem.

I will leave it there.

And Reboot, you too Domino, good luck in your endevoures.

I can understand why #1 is a problem, but I am curious about why #2 is a problem.