I've fallen and I can't get up!

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Human nature is something, isn't it? Anyway, glad to hear you found happiness. Great blog by the way.

chris49
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Reboot said:

I can understand why #1 is a problem, but I am curious about why #2 is a problem. 

A. Strategy.

B. A pretty girl in the Philippines does not have to ask for money. Exhibit A your honor, prima facie evidence is you offering your friend money for her trip. A nice gesture and quite normal here in the PI. But again, she did not ask for money.

My old friend Ghassan, British-Lebanese guy did the internet dating thing. He had never met his wife to be, but he was nice enough to set her up with an ATM Card, access to one of his accounts. She never had to ask for money, she just took it out when needed and she was careful not to take too much. But she kept it going for a while and they never actually met. He got a spinal problem and was unable to come to the Philippines at that point.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 11 August 2016 at 8:38 AM, Reboot said:

So I got a place in Makati for 3 nights. About 10 minutes from Greenbelt by foot. Looks like my first meal in-country will be home cooked. :SugarwareZ-047:

You might try Tower Inn in Makati. Also within walking distance of the malls. Has a nice restaurant and reasonably priced. That is where we stay when visiting Manila. They have their own driver with his own car ro take you anywhere and back for a reasonable price. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted
On 8/12/2016 at 4:44 PM, davewe said:

A quick and hopefully funny story. My ex got remarried about 3 years after we broke up. I waited. I felt I was not ready and actually believed it was best for the kids if I didn't bring in a new woman into the mix; I had the kids 50%. So, 7 years later I brought Janet over here on a K1. 2 days after she arrived my ex came to pick up the kids. Her routine was the same for years; park out front, phone the kids, and out they went. She never came inside. But that day, while I was still at work, there was a knock on the door. Janet opened it and there was the ex. She introduced herself, waited for the kids to be ready, stared in wondered at Janet, and apparently they both giggled a lot.

Idiot that I am I assumed that after so many years apart and with my ex happily married, she wouldn't care about what I was doing and to whom. Boy was I wrong. A month ago we went to a jazz club with another Fil-Am couple. There was my ex with her hubby. We said hello. They spent the entire night dancing (and dramatically) making sure we saw them. We all cracked up. It's not at all that she is still interested in me; it's that she can't stand that I found someone else, let alone someone like Janet.

That could be me, almost. My Filipina ex took herself off six years ago, to go and live with another bloke, leaving me with the children. One year later, on a business trip to Manila, I met K, and a couple of years after that I took the younger boy with me to meet her and her son. Last year, she came here ,and this year we married. The ex had spent four years telling the children that K was only after my money. The ex has "let herself go" whilst K can still wear a bikini.

K said to me very sweetly, " Mahal, do you want revenge?"

"Yes!", I said

"Right. I am going to make your children like me!" :smile:

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

So I arrived....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStplD9o0KpLpntx5TJkXl

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Reboot said:

So I arrived....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStplD9o0KpLpntx5TJkXl

:89: Hadn't realized before how  you and Jake look very much alike. :hystery:

Sorry guys could not resist this :mellow:

Jack,:shades:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hadn't realized before how  you and Jake look very much alike. :hystery:

Sorry guys could not resist this :mellow:

Jack,:shades:a

Morning All:morning1:

It would be a crime to humanity if I displayed my rear end.  It definitely has fallen flat and get it up again. I think I need a reboot on my booty.

I get no respect sometimes......

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jake said:

I think I need a reboot on my booty.

:hystery: :89:

• 1 month later...