Looking for work in Baguio City

PinkMoa
Posted
Posted

Hi guys!!

I'm a 27 year old woman who just moved to baguio city from the UK. Currently i'm living with my boyfriend on a tourist visa but i'd love to find work here. I have taught English in the past but i'm not sure about finding many opportunities for that in a country like the Philippines, but I do have a CELTA. I am also a newly qualified teacher with a PGCE in special educational needs. Even just office work would be super awesome. 

Any tips would be most welcome,

Thanks!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The Philippines makes it very difficult for non Filipinos to work in Philippines. The fact you are on a visitor visa makes harder. There is a small chance you could find a job teaching Koreans English or work in a call center. Don't expect to make much money.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Old55 said:

The Philippines makes it very difficult for non Filipinos to work in Philippines. The fact you are on a visitor visa makes harder. There is a small chance you could find a job teaching Koreans English or work in a call center. Don't expect to make much money.

You will find both in Baguio. There are approximately 10,000 Korean students in Baguio and both Sitel and Convergsys have call centers.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

A call center may be the way to go.  Some do, on occasion, hire foreigners and take care of work permits.  Your age is a big plus as they don't usually hire anyone over 60