Cebu full panel STD testing with quick results.

johnbarley
Posted
Posted

Does such a  place exist?

I went to hi precision and they say results take 3 weeks. A joke?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I don't know if that is a joke at Hi Precision.  I can only say that test other than STDs have always been same day or within 24 hours for me.  Perhaps there is just one specific test that takes weeks for the result?

madtownguy
Posted
Posted

What's the rush?  HIV should be a really quick test, like immediate results.  I'm pretty sure they sell at home kits in the U.S.    

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, madtownguy said:

What's the rush?  HIV should be a really quick test, like immediate results.  I'm pretty sure they sell at home kits in the U.S.    

He did not say HIV and he is in the Philippines.

madtownguy
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He did not say HIV and he is in the Philippines.

Yes, but there's a good chance if you can get it in the U.S. they are using same type of test there.  

Edited by Old55
Off topic and assumptions

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Madtownguy,

I edited your reply. Not being a jerk what you have to say is important and the forum is an exchange of ideas, experiences and facts.

Opinions and "good chances" are not accurate facts. Again this is not an attack, keep in mind the question was clear and in Philippines not the US. I don't know if ever you visited Philippines it could be you are very experienced.

We are a bit tough on new members to filter out trolls or the like so please don't take it personally once you are here for awhile its all good. Please feel free to PE me the forum owner or a mod if you have any questions.

Reboot
Posted
Posted

On the subject of a fast HIV test in the Phils, a quick google search reveals this 10 minute test:

http://hivtestkit.ph/

And this page has some resources:

http://hivtestphilippines.com/

johnbarley
Posted
Posted (edited)

Okay, the problem is that they have to send the results to some other lab since they don't have their own testing equipment/experts.

But I found out you can go to Chong Hua hospital and get same day results there (4 hours to be exact). They are open 24/7.

1. Walk in to the Laboratory Registration room and pick a number.

2. Wait about an hour and then register and pay for the tests you want. Full panel, including HIV, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gram Stain (Gonnorhea, etc.), Hepatitis, and Herpes costs about PHP 8k.

3. Head to the Laboratory Collection room and have your blood, urine, and swab samples taken.

4. They will email you the results of most but you have to meet with some counselor to get the HIV results. HSV-1 and HSV-2 lab work (they can extract specimens on any day) will only be done on Wednesday so you will have to wait for the results until then.

All the lab tests are self-explanatory except for the Gram Stain which is the main test for Gonnorhea. I'm not sure how to interpret this one. Anyone know of a good doctor?

Edited by johnbarley
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
cebuforaday
Posted
Posted

I know this is an old thread but it is the most frequent search engine result when searching for fast full panel STD testing in Cebu.  The above information is no longer accurate.  I went today to Chong Hua hospital and all tests for Chlamydia and Gonorhea are sent to Manila for two weeks of processing. They were not helpful in directing me to any labs in Cebu that do not send to Manila.  I will post an update if I find anyplace.  I am just trying to pay it forward for anyone in a similar situation.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, cebuforaday said:

I know this is an old thread but it is the most frequent search engine result when searching for fast full panel STD testing in Cebu.  The above information is no longer accurate.  I went today to Chong Hua hospital and all tests for Chlamydia and Gonorhea are sent to Manila for two weeks of processing. They were not helpful in directing me to any labs in Cebu that do not send to Manila.  I will post an update if I find anyplace.  I am just trying to pay it forward for anyone in a similar situation.

Have you tried Cebu Doctors Hospital?