How to find work in the philippines as a German?

wadid
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you find a job in a call center where they need people who speak German you may find yourself in an illegal situation.  There are micro call centers that spring up which target non-English speaking countries but I don't know of any that are offering legal work permits and deducting legal benefits, thus we cannot help you with that.

Why is it illegal?

17 hours ago, bows00 said:

Besides a call center, you could probably make more money teaching English to Korean students. 

Do you have any more information about that? Which places in philippines has the most korean students? Do you know anybody who does that already, so I could contact that person?

16 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Try a German non-government agency (non-profit) or even a government agency with a Philippine based project. Check for religious organizations who may need someone with your technical expertise. If hired, they will help with the visa application. The approval is faster because your salary is from overseas. Even as a volunteer, you will receive a stipend and living allowance that is more than a local hire salary.  

Why is the approval faster when the money comes from overseas? Do you have any experience in working for a non-government agency, if yes which one? Or do you know somebody?

13 hours ago, Kuya John said:

A young man I worked with a couple of years ago, actually spent time in Manila, he was working for Microsoft.

It may well be that he was employed as a call centre  recruit trainer on short term contract?

Worth a try to apply  direct to Microsoft, from outside of Philippines.

Are you working in the philippines? Do you still have the contact details of that person?

Thanks a lot guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you find a job in a call center where they need people who speak German you may find yourself in an illegal situation.

7 minutes ago, wadid said:

Why is it illegal?

Some people don't want to play by the rules and they think they can open a call center under the radar.  Those are illegal.  I don't know of any micro call centers that are properly licensed and if there were then they would probably have to offer the jobs to Philippine citizens who speak German before hiring foreigners.

You will undoubtedly research this further so let us know of any legal job you find.  We are all curious how this will work for you.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, wadid said:

Why is it illegal?

Do you have any more information about that? Which places in philippines has the most korean students? Do you know anybody who does that already, so I could contact that person?

Why is the approval faster when the money comes from overseas? Do you have any experience in working for a non-government agency, if yes which one? Or do you know somebody?

Are you working in the philippines? Do you still have the contact details of that person?

Thanks a lot guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

No sadly lost contact, however he was recruited from here in UK, so worth checking your home country  IT agencies.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, wadid said:

Why is it illegal?

It is illegal to work in the Philippines if you are here on a tourist visa. This includes volunteer work and any other non-paid work. This "protects" the Philippine worker from foreigners coming and taking jobs away from citizens.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Capital funds coming from overseas is classified as an Export industry (foreigner exchange earner) which is good for a country's balance of payment.

If a German company comes to the Philippines with a business classification that the government desires such as a tourist project, they can get tax breaks and even visas for their executives. They just give the names and a government agency like the Export Processing Zone Authority does the application process.

I can't speak, read nor write in German. You will have to do the homework, but I am confident the information is available online.

Edited by JJReyes

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I know of one man working in Manila for Intel he is a software analyst of some kind. He has worked for Intel over twenty years quit and became an independent contractor he can work anyplace that has a reliable fairly fast connection. There are others who have jobs like that as well. Those people don't talk about their jobs because its a gray area they wish to keep under the radar.

Cebu City on Cebu Island has a large number of Koreans learning English. 

The main thing to take from this is that it is not legal to work in Philippines on a visitor visa same as in Germany or USA.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Capital funds coming from overseas is classified as an Export industry (foreigner exchange earner) which is good for a country's balance of payment.

If a German company comes to the Philippines with a business classification that the government desires such as a tourist project, they can get tax breaks and even visas for their executives. They just give the names and a government agency like the Export Processing Zone Authority does the application process.

I can't speak, read nor write in German. You will have to do the homework, but I am confident the information is available online.

Say.....JJ

Thanks for the info in your reply, however it was not me, it was Wadid who asked the Question ! :89:

Edited by Kuya John
clarifying

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Sorry Kuya John. We were off early this morning for another 15 days road trip. I was in a hurry to finish my correspondence. 

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Dave, mining is in recession in Australia, just the same as it is globally.  There is little light at the end of the tunnel in mining at the moment.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Maya
Posted
Posted
On 7/11/2016 at 6:09 PM, wadid said:

Hi,

I am 28 years old and possess a degree in computer science but dont have that much experience yet. Also I speak fluently english, french and german and a bit russian. I did work in construction, have a truck license and I have a life guard education.

I am trying my luck in finding work in the philipines. Can you tell me how to proceed? Any companies you can recommend?

I heard many people are employed in call centers? What kind of position do these foreigners normally have there? What wages can you expect?

I tried to look for german companies in the philipines but couldnt find any job offers so far....

I need to know if I really need a work visa or if it is also possible to work with the tourist visa....

Regards,

David

Hi,

As a Native German, there are opportunities for you in the Philippines particularly in the BPO industry. Many multinational companies are looking for German speakers for customer service or IT/ Tech Support or other back office jobs and depending on the qualifications, some companies offer a competitive salary.

You can try recruitment companies like JK Network and check their openings for Native German speakers in the Philippines.

Good luck! -

• Like 1