Where is the Hospital?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Had to go to Navy Hospital at Sattahip (about 30km south of Pattaya) yesterday to get hip and shoulder XRays.

Had some 'Thai' directions, found the base easily, but could not find the hospital, it is only a small hospital. Pulled up at the guard box and asked the guard, no understand.  Drove on, asked several other military personnel, same result.

Finally stopped at a bulding and found a female officer who spoke some English, then had 3 other English speakers around and drew me a map.  Back I went to guess where, directly behind the guard box which was my first stop!!!

I am counting the days!  But I have to say, when I got there, fantastic service and I was out within the hour - all good, no fractures.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear nothing broken, except the patience.:smile:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

That was good. As we had suspected, no fractures before you went there and none when you left:smile:

How about the hardware in the back? All the metal bits?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

It is still all there Chris, not sure if it can be taken out.  It is a Mechano set gone wrong!

RBM
Posted
Posted

Nice to hear.

I understand your planing to relocate here.

As your aware the service here  is quite a lot different, those patience will be tested to the limit.

Having said this how ever over all I am satisfied with my medical adventures in larger cities.....Not so in the province

chris49
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, RBM said:

Nice to hear.

I understand your planing to relocate here.

As your aware the service here  is quite a lot different, those patience will be tested to the limit.

Having said this how ever over all I am satisfied with my medical adventures in larger cities.....Not so in the province

Well I second that. If trying to access Tertiary Care, the cost will quickly spiral.

But Mogo and myself are Aussies. We would probably be forced to go back to Australia for advanced care. Which is more or less free to Senior's.