Compare TransferWise versus World Remit

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

I sent 500 to my self using my Bank of America account direct to BOD on the 27th of last month and the money never arived. I had to open a clam to find out were in the world my money is. Using western union the money shows up in one hour. But they skim 1.2 pesos per dollar during the exchange. However it is fast.

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
On 3/8/2017 at 7:47 AM, earthdome said:

We have been using remitly to transfer from the US. No fees if you link in your home country bank so they can do an ETF and deposit direct into a philippine bank. The FX rate is a few centavos better than WU. Transfer usually takes 4 business days. You get the FX rate at the time you initiate the transfer so you won't be affected by FX rate changes during the transfer.

Thanks for this post. Did you have to use a USA address when you linked your US bank account for ETF? Thanks

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 11/14/2018 at 10:48 PM, JeSsDaDdY said:
On 3/7/2017 at 5:47 PM, earthdome said:

We have been using remitly to transfer from the US. No fees if you link in your home country bank so they can do an ETF and deposit direct into a philippine bank. The FX rate is a few centavos better than WU. Transfer usually takes 4 business days. You get the FX rate at the time you initiate the transfer so you won't be affected by FX rate changes during the transfer.

Thanks for this post. Did you have to use a USA address when you linked your US bank account for ETF? Thanks

It has been a while since we set this up. I don't recall having to enter an address. We did do it while in the US so they would have seen an IP address located in the USA.