Kickass Torrents offline

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

https://torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/

The U.S. Government has arrested the alleged owner of KickassTorrents, the world's largest torrent site. The 30-year-old Ukrainian was arrested in Poland today and is charged with criminal copyright infringement and money laundering. In addition, a federal court in Chicago has ordered the seizure of several KAT domain names.

With millions of unique visitors per day KickassTorrents (KAT) has become the most-used torrent site on the Internet, beating even The Pirate Bay.

Today, however, the site has run into a significant roadblock after U.S. authorities announced the arrest of the site’s alleged owner.

The 30-year-old Artem Vaulin, from Ukraine, was arrested today in Poland from where the United States has requested his extradition.

In a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Chicago, the owner is charged with conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement, conspiracy to commit money laundering, and two counts of criminal copyright infringement

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So the US government can arrest a guy in Poland and then have him extradited?  Must be time to look for a torrent site based in China.  Lets see the US government reach into there and arrest someone.

Anyway, for us expats in the here and now, does anyone have a torrent site they would recommend as a replacement?  If you are afraid of the long arm of the US law then send me a PM.

While torrent sites may be illegal in US (not up to me to decide that) there does not seem to be a law against downloading movies for personal use in Philippines.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So the US government can arrest a guy in Poland and then have him extradited?  

They can if he broke the law, and there is a valid extradition treaty.

WTH is a torrent sight anyway? :89:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, scott h said:

WTH is a torrent sight anyway?

Torrent sites are where people get together for file sharing.  The problem that the US has with it is that people share movies.  Maybe 1 guy bought the DVD or recorded it on his camera at the movie theater.  He agrees to share it with anyone who wants to link up and download it from him.  Torrent sites merely facilitate that file sharing.

There is a great Simpsons episode on it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steal_This_Episode

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Piratebay still works most days (offline from time to time). Best site i have found so far.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Piratebay still works most days (offline from time to time). Best site i have found so far.

The day after KAT went down they had a link on Piratebay for their new address.  These sites are very hard to shut down. They don't host any of this stuff, they are just search engines. 

RBM
Posted
Posted

Anybody know of any working torrents?

Not able get kickarse working without giving credit card details, it seems fine until one is attempting the down load. Pirate bay continualy saying try again in 15 minutes

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, RBM said:

Anybody know of any working torrents?

http://www.demonoid.pw/top_torrents.php

Not that I am particularly happy with that site but since KAT is in trouble it is an alternative, at least

• Like 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted

One of the best free sites is....http://extratorrent.cc/   Never had an issue with them and I use them daily.....Rod

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, RBM said:

Pirate bay continualy saying try again in 15 minutes

I just used them a couple hours ago, 2 successful downloads without any issues.