VA Manila - Any tips for my 1st trip?

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 10/22/2016 at 5:56 AM, AlwaysRt said:

The CFO was easy, took a cab, I waited downstairs in a waiting room which played movies while my wife went upstairs and sat through the seminar which we had scheduled on the website. You have to make an appointment on the website and bring confirmation or they won't let you in. When the seminar was over, paid the p400 and received the certificate. Boring but not difficult, no problems.

Nice. Much improved from when I went almost two and a half years ago. Then it was first come first serve... lineup outside at 5 AM. Plus they wouldn't let me in the door.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 10/22/2016 at 5:56 AM, AlwaysRt said:

I shook my head and we continued the 2 minute walk to the McDonalds across the street from the airport terminal. Took 1 minute to wave a metered taxi, paid p165.

How were you able to walk across the street? Seemed very busy to me with no crosswalks or even any way to really cross.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, earthdome said:

How were you able to walk across the street? Seemed very busy to me with no crosswalks or even any way to really cross.

Looked left for an opening and walked to the median, looked right for an opening and walked to the gas station. Was busy but not unlike crossing the road from Robinsons to Lee Plaza during the day. 

• Like 5