Ever wish to live closer to city

intrepid
Posted
Posted

This is sort of a spin off of another topic "Why settle where you did".  After I answered, I starting thinking how much I miss the province,..at times.  Slower, relaxed, more family, and cheaper services and land.  But as of yet I have no regrets here in Laguna. Only 30 minutes from Manila with everything you could want or need without all the smog and hassle of the big city.  But I was wondering about the other members who have settled in the provinces away from Manila and other larger cities.  Do you ever wish or consider moving closer to a larger city where more things and choices available?:89:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Do you ever wish or consider moving closer to a larger city where more things and choices available?:89:

Nope! Happy where I am as I explained before in the Other Thread. :hystery: and before the perfect people put you Right it it is Spelt (Spelled) Closer. embarrased  man.jpg

Sorry could not resist this. 

OK, OK, I will do the Lines :console:lines (Bart).jpg

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

Do you ever wish or consider moving closer to a larger city where more things and choices available?

I like to live near a city that is big enough to have a mall, an airport and some decent places for dining.  With the frequent airfare specials available I can almost always find a flight to a larger city, like Manila, for roughly US$50 to $75 per person, round trip.  So the city is not out of reach when I need something I cannot get in a quieter place.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

havent been to Manila in 4 years ! we live in Los Banos 30 mins away from SM Calamba-Santa Rosa

and Then there is Nuvali and Alabang !

everything we need we can get in these places without the hassle of Manilas Traffic etc

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, intrepid said:

Do you ever wish or consider moving closer to a larger city where more things and choices available?:89:

Yes, I wish we lived closer to the city but no, never considered moving closer. My wife already had her small home here. I just enlarged it and renovated it. There are benefits living away from all the congestion. Where we live is somewhere in between a suburb and rural. I'm ok with it.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

We are only 20km out of Iloilo but I was happier when we lived in the city

So money can buy happiness?  In the city money buys happiness for you and in the province it buys happiness for her?  Just sayin'.

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So money can buy happiness?  In the city money buys happiness for you and in the province it buys happiness for her?  Just sayin'.

Money can't buy happiness, but it doesn't hurt, either.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just have more fun in the city.  I could be in the boonies & rich and still be bored.  I am a city boy.  I do ok out here... but it is pretty boring most of the time.

She just wants to be near her family.

• Like 3