Palawan tour packages?

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Well looks like I am going to do this piecemeal. Flying into Puerto Princesa from Manila on Monday 10/3, flying out to Cebu on Sunday 10/9. Flights are booked.

Doing the underground river tour when I am in PP, and probably two boat tours in El Nido. I hear "A" and "C" are the way to go. 

Plan to be in PP and environs until I leave for El Nido on Wednesday 10/5. Head back to PP on Saturday 10/9, spend one night, then fly to Cebu the next day in the evening.

Now need to find a place to stay in both PP and El Nido.

I hereby open the floor to comments and recommendations. 

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Reboot said:

I hereby open the floor to comments and recommendations. 

Again, I refer you to Tripadvisor.com for comments visitors have on places you are interested in.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've done Palawan three times now and have just bought a condo in Puerto Princesa. To do the underground river there's only so many tickets allocated each day and you usually get your ticket the day before or queue up very early in the morning. Have your passport and cash at hand.

The last touring around I did I hired a car and driver. He picked me up from the airport, dropped me at my hotel then collected me early in the morning to get my underground river ticket. We set off straight away to the underground river and arrived early but still had a good few hours waiting around as the place was mobbed. Once I'd done the tour it was straight on up to El Nido arriving about 8pm at night. You can then ditch the driver as all the tours run from the main beach and the majority of accommodation is within a few hundred metres of the boats. 

If you're hanging around Puerto for a few days do the Honda Bay tour first and it'll give you a day to get your underground ticket. The Fire Fly tours I think don't run until November. You can do the crocodile farm also to kill time.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've done Palawan three times now and have just bought a condo in Puerto Princesa. To do the underground river there's only so many tickets allocated each day and you usually get your ticket the day before or queue up very early in the morning. Have your passport and cash at hand.

The last touring around I did I hired a car and driver. He picked me up from the airport, dropped me at my hotel then collected me early in the morning to get my underground river ticket. We set off straight away to the underground river and arrived early but still had a good few hours waiting around as the place was mobbed. Once I'd done the tour it was straight on up to El Nido arriving about 8pm at night. You can then ditch the driver as all the tours run from the main beach and the majority of accommodation is within a few hundred metres of the boats. 

If you're hanging around Puerto for a few days do the Honda Bay tour first and it'll give you a day to get your underground ticket. The Fire Fly tours I think don't run until November. You can do the crocodile farm also to kill time.

There is a big rock spire on the way to the Underground River. You can hike up to the top sometimes from inside caves. Then zipline down to the ground. I can't recall the name now.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, earthdome said:

There is a big rock spire on the way to the Underground River. You can hike up to the top sometimes from inside caves. Then zipline down to the ground. I can't recall the name now.

Ulong Rock I think it's called.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Thanks Reboot for inquiring about this.

I'm making notes. 

I'll also check Tripadvisor.

I always do. 

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Just looked it up...

It's Ugong...as in Ugong climb that?

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Just looked it up...

If you like ziplines there is also  Eco Park which has 3 tree top ziplines and a forest canopy walk.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Just looked it up...

sounds like a Redneck word like "jeetyet? Yunto?

:hystery:

Edited by Gratefuled
addition
  • Like 2

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Wife and I used Boris Travel for the underground river and Honda bay last year. Booked the flights through Cebu Pacific Air from Manila to Palawaan. Then few days later Palawaan to Cebu. Booked the hotel through Agoda.

Boris Travel is an intermediary with groups in Palawaan from what I understand from the tour guides. You could do the Honda bay tour and then the same guide could do the underground river the next day. They will come and pick you up at your hotel. Expect the van to be packed tight. A simple buffet type lunch is included. Basic Filipino food of course.

Unless Boris has changed its payment methods, you have to do it via remittance. I paid using LBC here in USA. Was a little concerned about it, but all in all no problems.  I would use Boris again.

• Like 3