Palawan tour packages?

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, FlyAway said:

Wife and I used Boris Travel for the underground river and Honda bay last year. Booked the flights through Cebu Pacific Air from Manila to Palawaan. Then few days later Palawaan to Cebu. Booked the hotel through Agoda.

Boris Travel is an intermediary with groups in Palawaan from what I understand from the tour guides. You could do the Honda bay tour and then the same guide could do the underground river the next day. They will come and pick you up at your hotel. Expect the van to be packed tight. A simple buffet type lunch is included. Basic Filipino food of course.

Unless Boris has changed its payment methods, you have to do it via remittance. I paid using LBC here in USA. Was a little concerned about it, but all in all no problems.  I would use Boris again.

Thanks...I tried a few places for the flight. But my internet GF has something on the order of 1000 cousins in the PH. Some I think might be imaginary...if they have the right last name and are from places like Bohol or Leyte and in need everything is done for them.

Maybe not imaginary. If you go far back enough, we are all cousins, I guess.

Anyway one owns a travel agency. I've started learning that nothing beats the "cousin rate." 

"I found this great rate for flights at this website here."

"No baby ko that's too expensive. Let me talk to my cousin. In the meantime, let me show you this nice stuff I got at the Ukay2x."

"Wow I paid 80 bucks for shoes just like those."

"I paid only 500 Peeeesos baby ko."

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I've started learning that nothing beats the "cousin rate."

That sounds great.  For me, I learned that the "cousin rate" beats the "long nose tax" and the "Internet price" but is not quite as good as the "boots on the ground" rate.  Have a great trip.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Good info....Yes we booked flight's from Cebu ,booked the pension and they arranged the package tours from there each day.

We certainly "Packed " a lot into 4 days. would of liked to see El Nido, but that was to far (about 5/6 drive  from Princessa, I think)

Maybe next time

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Good info....Yes we booked flight's from Cebu ,booked the pension and they arranged the package tours from there each day.

We certainly "Packed " a lot into 4 days. would of liked to see El Nido, but that was to far (about 5/6 drive  from Princessa, I think)

Maybe next time

We had 5 days in Palawan. Unfortunately we couldn't do as much as we wanted due to a small storm named Yolanda. Dumped enough rain that we pretty much stayed at the hotel for over a day. CATV was out for 8 hours and internet was down for 24 hours. Not complaining. Nothing compared to the devastation in Leyte and Samar.

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted

We went to El Nido, after a couple days in Puerto Princessa, in April. The tour operators are pretty well organized there, and all had the same A B and C tours for the same (or very similar) rates. I really think that once you are in El Nido there's not too much difference.

Getting from Puerto Pricessa to El Nido is a different matter. There was one operator that got far and away the best reviews for their vans, but unfortunately they were booked the days we wanted to travel. We took another van service which was OK, but as expected the van was packed. We saw a bunch of buses that looked pretty nice and I suspect if (when) we return we will do the bus.

We really liked El Nido and will someday return!

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 7 September 2016 at 11:52 AM, i am bob said:

Go early...  That place has gotten very popular with all the press they have received in the last year or so..

I may just PASS on Palawan if it's going to be anything like Boracay. The only time we would be able to go is during a school vacation and that's when it's probably really crowded  and expensive. 

• Like 1