Marriage Certificate?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I am sure the answer is already here somewhere but I came up empty on a search for "marriage certificate".

Once everything is said, done, and filed, how do we know when to get the official copy from the NSO? Tomorrow is 2 1/2 months, do I need to go to the NSO and stand in line at 8am once a week until it is there? Hopefully there is a better way?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Order it online.  Easypeasy,...   https://nsohelpline.ph/order-now

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It has to be electronically registered first I cannot remember how I did that. It can take up to 6 months for you to be able to get an NSO certificate.

chris49
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

It has to be electronically registered first I cannot remember how I did that. It can take up to 6 months for you to be able to get an NSO certificate.

No it doesn't.

Hopefully he paid the 500 peso express fee requested on lodgement.

It should appear in the system in 3-4 weeks and can be issued from any regional NSO.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, chris49 said:

No it doesn't.

Hopefully he paid the 500 peso express fee requested on lodgement.

It should appear in the system in 3-4 weeks and can be issued from any regional NSO.

Do you mean hopefully I paid p500 to the municipality when we turned in the documents from the church? I don't remember but I doubt it.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Do you mean hopefully I paid p500 to the municipality when we turned in the documents from the church? I don't remember but I doubt it.

:89: Surely this is the Churches Job? For me a Trip to NSO is in Order or at least a phone call

chris49
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Surely this is the Churches Job? For me a Trip to NSO is in Order or at least a phone call

Mayor's Office within City Hall isn't it?

The churches job is to have all the signatures lined up along with the correct names etc. They forward it on to the local City Hall and they (City Hall) collects the fees from memory 1800/- which included the express fee. I think it's automatic. City Hall forwards it to the local NSO and this is fail safe because they know the procedure which docs are required.

The payment to the priest is a gratuity and possibly a donation to the church.

I would go to the local NSO as Jack suggests. Don't stand in line. There's a guy screening you as you walk in. Tell him what you want. You should be directed inside to one of the officers who views the status on the computer. If it's lodged in Manila they can print it out and their Head Officer will sign it with appropriate stamps. Costs 300. You do have to stand in line to pay that.

It's not school enrollment time. I cant see it taking more than 2 hours or drop back later to pick it up.

If in Manila it takes one whole day and maybe go back the next day. On East Ave QC. It's an absolute nightmare and pays to avoid the place.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, chris49 said:

The churches job is to have all the signatures lined up along with the correct names etc. They forward it on to the local City Hall

I agree and obviously they did not in the OP's case. 

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I agree and obviously they did not in the OP's case. 

In Valencia the church is a 1 minute walk from city hall, we took the paperwork ourselves, no problem. Will go to Dumaguete tomorrow AM and see if the certificate is ready.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

OK update, went to NSO this morning (yep, got a little wet). Filled out the form, got to the counter, nope. "Go upstairs and have them bring it down". Went upstairs, "All July are downstairs Sir, we only have August up here now." Went back downstairs, "Oh wait, paperwork for foreigners goes to Manila for processing, come back the first week of October." Well... Salamat Po, I guess I didn't pay the express fee and will try again in October. It's more fun.... :whistling:

• Like 2