Dining and dancing in the Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My guess is that Filipinos dont dance the old way or slow because its was not their culture so were never taught how to so perhaps thats why you dont see that type of dancing.  

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Ballroom dance competitions are also big in the Philippines.

Yes, I'ver seen performances like this before on television. Yes, the people of the Philippines are very well talented in music. My stepson has already learned to play guitar and keyboard. He can read sheet music too but prefers to learn by ear and he does very well. He has a couple of school friends who also play guitar and they learn from each other.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

My guess is that Filipinos dont dance the old way or slow because its was not their culture so were never taught how to so perhaps thats why you dont see that type of dancing.  

Perhaps you are right. I never thought of it that way but their parents must have heard 60s, 70s, 80s, slow romantic love ballads. I hear them singing karaoke here and most sing quite well but not all. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
MsNicole
Posted
Posted

Does anybody know a nice place in Cebu where I can dance Zumba and Salsa? -

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, MsNicole said:

Well MsNicole, it depends on where you are I would think. In the province, many larger towns and cities have daily or weekend gatherings in the town square where people gather to Zumba dance for exercise. Many malls here hold Zumba sessions on sundays that are open to the public. In Cebu City many health clubs offer sportsdance type dancing lessons including Salsa. They even hold events and competitions.

• Like 1

MsNicole
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Well MsNicole, it depends on where you are I would think. In the province, many larger towns and cities have daily or weekend gatherings in the town square where people gather to Zumba dance for exercise. Many malls here hold Zumba sessions on sundays that are open to the public. In Cebu City many health clubs offer sportsdance type dancing lessons including Salsa. They even hold events and competitions.

Thank you Queenie! Do you have any recommendations about health clubs here in Cebu?

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Lazy promdi girl that I am, I'm not knowing about those sports clubs MsNicole. You'll have to google it I guess. The Cebu Open DanceSport Competition was held here recently. Here's their website--maybe they can direct you to clubs that have active dance groups.  www.dancesportcebu.org

Hope you find one that's a fit for you!

Reboot
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, MsNicole said:

All the malls have Zumba! And it's entertaining, too.

• Like 1