Marriage to a Filipina

Ahmed
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

Filipinas are mostly Catholic but there are some who have married a Muslim. 

For me it doesn't mater, only we have to respect our believes.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Ahmed said:

I certainly do not want to turn this into a Religion Thing but......... If you were to both Follow your beliefs I can foresee a problem when it comes to Children and we all know how the Filapina feels about Children,So I offer this for discussion and Digesting ( if it will not break any rules and I apologize if it does Boss :89:

**In Islam, Muslim men can marry Catholic women if they are chaste and practicing their religions. There is an expectation that the children will be raised as Muslims. The issue is that a Catholic practicing her religion will have to raise her children as Catholic, though.**

I seem to remember that Religion has to be Stated when applying for a marriage Licence.

Wishing you well Ahmed on your Quest but the PI is not an easy place to be with regard to Certain things.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

the PI is not an easy place to be with regard to Certain things.

It seems to me that it is a matter of devout faith versus unenthusiastic followers of a faith.  I submit that Freddy Aguilar and his 16 year old gf had no problems both converting to the Muslim faith to avoid persecution of their beliefs that an old guy should be able to marry a 16 year old.

Granted that neither of these two are foreigners, the point is that the average filipino is flexible as far as being an 'unenthusiastic follow' of whatever faith her husband chooses.  Witness the proliferation of Mormon, JW, 7th Day, and other religions.  The Catholic Church has a hold on the average filipino but it no longer seems to be a stranglehold. as evidenced by Duterte's views on the subject:

Duterte says he believes in God but not in religion

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/05/20/1585212/duterte-says-he-believes-god-not-religion

Ahmed
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I certainly do not want to turn this into a Religion Thing but......... If you were to both Follow your beliefs I can foresee a problem when it comes to Children and we all know how the Filapina feels about Children,So I offer this for discussion and Digesting ( if it will not break any rules and I apologize if it does Boss :89:

**In Islam, Muslim men can marry Catholic women if they are chaste and practicing their religions. There is an expectation that the children will be raised as Muslims. The issue is that a Catholic practicing her religion will have to raise her children as Catholic, though.**

I seem to remember that Religion has to be Stated when applying for a marriage Licence.

Wishing you well Ahmed on your Quest but the PI is not an easy place to be with regard to Certain things.

No it's not breaking any rules for me, it's exactly what I believe, this kids should be Muslims, thanks for opening this issue because it was not in my mind I am thinking only to respect her believe, Dave, I did not understand you last statement,Wishing you well Ahmed on your Quest but the PI is not an easy place to be with regard to Certain things  

Ahmed
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sorry I meant Jack

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Duterte says he believes in God but not in religion

Maybe Dave but Didn't think we would like to see the OP come and not be prepared for something that may spring up, Not all the people are lemmings, some still have a mind of their own 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Ahmed said:

Well there are people in Charge of things that sometimes don't understand all they should, Now if your prospective wife does not convince the Seminar she would have to attend, that she is doing the right thing they may not issue the Certificate, ( and no Certificate no Licence) Then, we have the Registrar that may be Ultra in their Convictions and they may take a Stance and not issue a licence. Yep! maybe it sounds extraordinary But strange things can happen here my friend, I really just wanted you to Understand that it can be a peculiar place to be at times.

All things can usually be sorted but that takes time and can put people off, My Post was really a Forewarning one that things may just Pop up :thumbsup: when you least expect them too. :shades:

As I said before Good Luck

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

A lot of filipinas I have met are Catholic by birth and Catholic in their heart but they will be whatever religion their husband wants them to be.  Catholics are very forgiving about that, it seems.

So are some men, forgiving. If they are not Catholic and want to be married in a Catholic Church by a priest.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Ahmed said:

Good attitude. 

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Good Night :56da64ac11582_23_9_111: