Marriage to a Filipina

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now if your prospective wife does not convince the Seminar she would have to attend, that she is doing the right thing they may not issue the Certificate

If memory serves me correct, a Filipina over 25 does not need to attend any seminar. I certainly know my wife did not. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If memory serves me correct, a Filipina over 25 does not need to attend any seminar. I certainly know my wife did not. :thumbsup:

I was wondering about this.  My wife did not either.  But this was eleven years ago.  A friend in the US(60 years old) recently married his girlfriend, (27 years old).  She was required to attend a seminar before leaving the Philippines.  I thought this might be a new requirement.

Ahmed
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Good Night :56da64ac11582_23_9_111:

Good night dear

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

She was required to attend a seminar before leaving the Philippines. 

Yes but thats leaving the country and not about getting married. Things might have changed and I could be wrong. :smile:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

If memory serves me correct, a Filipina over 25 does not need to attend any seminar.

Rules Change. My wife was 39 and she had to buttttttt I will research this in Depth

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

1 ID photo (colored background or black and white) of each applicant.

Certificate of Attendance to a wedding seminar. Couples are required to attend pre-marriage counseling and family planning seminar. These are usually given in the city hall and are required before you can claim your marriage license. Check your municipality for a complete list of schedules.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

1 ID photo (colored background or black and white) of each applicant.

Certificate of Attendance to a wedding seminar. Couples are required to attend pre-marriage counseling and family planning seminar. These are usually given in the city hall and are required before you can claim your marriage license. Check your municipality for a complete list of schedules.

Each municipality has their own checklist. Obtain the relevant checklist from the office of the one whose jurisdiction you plan to marry in.

In the case of Valencia (just outside of Dumaguete for those unfamiliar) a couple months ago, we both had to attend a marriage seminar after all other items on the checklist were complete. An entire day process, started with a questionnaire (what is love? how will you support your spouse? etc) then a couple briefings about love, what it means to be married, what it means to be a parent. Then a move to the police station for domestic violence briefing. Then lunch break, returning to hospital for briefings on Philhealth, insurance, birth control... 90% - 95% of which was in Visayan. You have to stay as at the end of each briefing you need to collect a signature from the speaker and turn back in to the office for issuance of the marriage license.  

Edited by AlwaysRt
  • Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Why get married to a Filipina? 

Do you want to establish residency in the Philippines or are you planning to take her back to Egypt?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Correct. Neither my wife nor I attended any seminar.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Keep in mind there are many Muslim Filipinos in Mindanao so you would share the same faith.

• Like 1