Dangers of Ayala

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Gator said:

I don't know, but how would you explain all the unwed teenage mothers? Someone must be getting some Gerr Gerr; and there aren't that many expats to account for the exorbitant birth rate (which keeps the church happy though, lol). 

You should have taken the whole quote. I used an example of a foreigner marrying a woman who already had a child. Maybe being a single mother would be a good reason for a woman to seek some security?

The Gerr Gerr alone with no other commitment is how she became a single mother to begin with and I'm sure it made her want a lot more Gerr Gerr without commitment?

Maybe it is true that I should have spelled it out. The young guys who are complaining about older westerners with younger filipina wives are the ones who are not getting Gerr Gerr, you could tell at a glance that the vloggers had neither looks or money, I did not mean that nobody ever, ever, ever got Gerr Gerr without marriage/commitment. Sorry I inadvertently led you astray. I would have thought you would catch my meaning from context but evidently you didn't?

As for teen pregnancy, I think anyone would agree that it's easier to talk people with little life experience into anything, it's why fathers try to keep track of their daughters friends and her activities, not so? It might be a thankless task but I think most fathers try.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 6:39 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Today I was Ayala ....

...just walking out on the terraces

...and stop leaning on the railing,

JGF, can you please give me very specific information as to where you were standing when these encounters took place (what floor, landmarks nearby..GPS if possible)...so I know to always avoid that particular spot :whistling:.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Hey Steve said:

...so I know to always avoid that particular spot :whistling:

In years gone by, SM Mall on the Cebu/Mandaue border used to attract those kinds of girls but in the last couple of years SM has been free of them and Ayala got them all.  I have often wondered why they switched malls and came to the belief that it is probably because there are more new arrival expats at Ayala as many long term white skins find it too expensive.  As to what spot to avoid, anywhere you can see open sky they will find you.

• Like 5

Domino22
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Nephi said:

Well, if you were single, I'd suggest you come up to Angeles City and go to the SM mall. That's a whole different ballgame! But even where you are the problem is that you most likely look married and as if your wife is just 10 feet away:571c66d400c8c_1(103):.. Besides, you are married aren't you? Remember, looking at the menu is a waste of time if-----...

Well looking at the Visayas. Not married so I guess my ugly factor has gone up. And my menu items have gone down! Just got off the phone from my best friend who is going thru a divorce and it is bad really bad. I will never get married unless I am dying and need a yaya at that point I will just hire two of them and when I go they need to make one call or send 3 emails.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

There's the Domino way of looking at things, and then there's the Nephi. I'm no one to say who is right or wrong, but for me, I am more along with Nephi's way of seeing it.

As for my experience in the malls I am pretty much left alone. Having a Filipina hanging on my arm seems to do the trick! OK OK...maybe I get flashed a few pretty smiles, and the occasional "Hello sir" when it's obvious we are already being helped in a store. 

• Like 3

DavidK
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Nephi said:

With caution, care, and a lot of time invested, marriage is the best option in life and no other relationship can be of equal value.

I presume you're fully in favour of gay marriage then.

3 hours ago, Nephi said:

Choose a companion carefully and prayerfully

If she starts praying I start running.

• Like 1

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

My comments were slightly tongue in cheek and not meant as bitter or disparaging at all, not that anyone implied that. I completely get it why Filipinas often prefer a slightly older gentlemen, they are much more likely to possess the qualities and have the mindset they seek. And for those Ayala girls... well they also know that young guys are a little tight with their money, so that's that. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, DavidK said:

If she starts praying I start running.

Depending what she is praying for, that may just re-enforce her beliefs :hystery:

• Like 4