Overnighter in Pasay - Any Accommodation Recommendations?

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)

Recently when in Manila I have stayed at the Starlight B&B in Pasay. It's around P1850 a night for a double room including breakfast. The rooms have free wi-fi, I have always found the staff friendly and helpful.

Airport transfers are not included in the price but they will arrange an airport pick-up for P300 payable to the hotel. The driver meets you inside the greeting area of the terminal, which is very pleasant if you arrive late at night and especially when your flight has been delayed. I usually ask the hotel to hail a taxi or phone for a car to return to the airport.

11 hours ago, BrettGC said:

So true Dave... NAIA is definitely no Changi.   

NAIA can't be compared to Dubai, Hong Kong nor Singapore airports. However, about a year ago I spent the wee small hours in Terminal 3 when I arrived late from the provinces and had an early morning flight: it was not too bad. The terminal has been newly refurbished and there are coffee shops and other retail outlets open all night plus plenty of public seating.

A caveat I was traveling in the off-season (September) so it was not very busy and I was alone, I don't think SWMBO would have approved.

UPDATE: just checked  on Booking.com (they weren't on Agoda last time I looked). Total price for beginning of November is PHP 2100 a night including breakfast.

Edited by not so old china hand
Update on price
  • Like 3

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Just as an aside, currently Singapore Airlines is about $747AUD (I know, 747 right?) Brisbane to Manila return.

Not A$380?:SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, not so old china hand said:

Not A$380?:SugarwareZ-005: Took me about 10 secs but you gave me a chuckle -

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I heard they had 6 more of A$-380 to build then the production line was going to be shut down because nobody is buying.

Traffic and suitable hotel can change according to what time you need to be at the airport. Last time I left I stayed at a hotel in Cubao and I caught a cab to go to the airport at 6:30 pm for my 9:50 flight. Traffic made the cab ride about 1-1/2 hours. After midnight I think it would have only taken 30 minutes or so.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Hi Brett,

We had to do a quick trip back to Southern Leyte due to my wife's mother passing away in May. Had about 18 hours to kill (pardon the pun) for a connecting flight in Manila seeing we planned the trip in about 12 hours of hearing of her passing. Stayed at Nichols Airport hotel due to its proximity. Was good for the money, not flash, but had everything. Cheaper via agoda than online directly at their webpage... worth looking at IMHO.

UBER fare was very little each way and the hotel does run a shuttle

Only thing that disappointed us, was no food Sunday nights, but you live and learn -

http://www.nicholsairporthotel.com.ph/photo

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the input guys, great info -

• 2 months later...
Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)

Even it is late I would recommend the Kabayan Hotel Pasay. 15 to 30 min to/from airport if traffic is not too heavy. Pickup and delivery service from/to airport is available for a fee. Good and clean rooms and even surprising quiet considering that it is next to EDSA. Breakfast and even a lunch was included as I was there in year 2013. If this is still so I don't know.

Walking distance to several bus terminals, to LRT1 and MRT3. An airport shuttle bus ends near of the hotel. Mall of Asia is just a short direct jeepney ride away and next to hotel is a smaller mall with good money changers at the underground floor (if that changer still exists).

Edited by Dr. Shiva

mogo51
Posted
Posted

That is a good price Brett, good airline also.  Coming the other way is always more expensive, Thai $970 and not worth it.

I just finished booking for February 17 out of Utapoa (Pattaya area) to GC via KL, return Scoot GC to Suvanabumi $680, layover only 1.5 hrs and 3 hrs, so quite acceptable.  Big price difference.

Enjoy your stay, I stayed in a dump in Pasay and would not recommend it to a dog, so can't help there.

Nephi
Posted
Posted

In Manila, I would recommend the Swagman Hotel. Not in Pasay but still only about a 15 minute ride from the airport. This hotel has new owners and has been renovated into a beautiful,modern, clean, yet affordable hotel. Good food too. Also, when staying at the hotel, airport pickup and drop off is free of charge.

• 3 weeks later...
bob1965
Posted
Posted

bit late on this, but someone else might be looking. I got a place in pasay from airbnb. price for a single night will be around the same as a hotel. for a week, its less. mine came to $377 Canadian for 8 nights. I was on Newport drive, in a one bedroom condo. maybe 10 minute walk to grocery store/mcd's and resorts world etc. I arrived back into terminal 3 and just walked there.